aol via ntl

Old July 22nd 04, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ted_radioham

Default aol via ntl

I have read that you can have aol broadband via ntl if you have cable
installed, at present I have ntl 600k that has been working fine untill the
latest upgradesover the past few day's, my streaming video is now crap to
what it was. Question, would I be any better if I changed to aol 600k ?

thanks

Old July 22nd 04, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar

ted_radioham wrote:

I have read that you can have aol broadband via ntl if you have cable
installed, at present I have ntl 600k that has been working fine untill the
latest upgradesover the past few day's, my streaming video is now crap to
what it was. Question, would I be any better if I changed to aol 600k ?

thanks

doubt it, as it uses the same network.

There might be some improvements in early august when the upgrades etc
apparently come online (upgrades to the network too, apparently).

Old July 22nd 04, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GwG

"Martyn Dewar" wrote in message
ted_radioham wrote:

I have read that you can have aol broadband via ntl if you have

cable
installed, at present I have ntl 600k that has been working fine

untill the
latest upgradesover the past few day's, my streaming video is now

crap to
what it was. Question, would I be any better if I changed to aol

600k ?

doubt it, as it uses the same network.

There might be some improvements in early august when the upgrades etc
apparently come online (upgrades to the network too, apparently).

I know you said apparently, but where have 'NTL' stated that the
upgrades 'might' be in early August?
The lack of a specific, or even a vague, date by NTL for these
increases, leaves me highly sceptical about them being implemented at
any time in the near future. NTL usually shout from the rooftops about
any proposed service improvements, even if they are not sure when they
might happen, but they seem to have completely lost their voice on this
one.

Old July 22nd 04, 02:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doz

No problems with ntl here .. super speedy.. 600k.. downloads at about 72k
per sec.. video fine.

Doz
(Swansea)