Another Reason to leave Plusnet

Old July 22nd 04, 08:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Crossbow

Default Another Reason to leave Plusnet

Ticket ID: 12615016

Summary

Tried to cancel service and relocate - total cockup

Received apology - too late, already moved to Zen

Requested refund - agreed to cancellation date of 21.08.04 - all quits
on the money front, no futher payments due

21.07.04 - Plusnet take unauthorised payment

22.07.04 - Plusnet start arguing about it.

Mr Anthony Thompson ig guilty this time of not reading tickets before
pressing that "reply" button

I'm heartily sick of Plusnet - and to think I used to recommend them
to friends. What has happened to them??????

Old July 22nd 04, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Cain

Crossbow wrote in message
Ticket ID: 12615016
I'm heartily sick of Plusnet - and to think I used to recommend them
to friends. What has happened to them??????

They are planning to float on the stock market. Maybe management attention
is being diverted or, maybe, they are cutting costs to make their accounts
look more attractive.

Old July 22nd 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar

Roger Cain wrote:
Crossbow wrote in message

Ticket ID: 12615016
I'm heartily sick of Plusnet - and to think I used to recommend them
to friends. What has happened to them??????

They are planning to float on the stock market. Maybe management attention
is being diverted or, maybe, they are cutting costs to make their accounts
look more attractive.

They already have floated, and turned into "Plusnet Plc".

Have a look at the following:

Current share prices (reuters): http://tinyurl.com/4nh2z
Plusnet Investor relations: http://www.plus.net/investors/ (now, is it
just me or does that site look sooo much better than www.plus.net? -
free-online.net [plusnet visp] has nicer colours too )

Old July 22nd 04, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

Crossbow wrote in :

Requested refund - agreed to cancellation date of 21.08.04 - all quits
on the money front, no futher payments due

21.07.04 - Plusnet take unauthorised payment

Sounds like the standard 30 days cancellation thing and you are
contractually bound to make good on any payments that fall within that 30
days notification period. You'll find most ISPs are that way.

As to the relocat bit, couldn't say without seeing ticket details but if
you were moving house then the Move My ADSL thing should have been
perfectly sufficient rather than a cancel/reorder as implied by your
wording..

--
Colin
Old July 22nd 04, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GwG

Crossbow wrote in message
Ticket ID: 12615016

I'm heartily sick of Plusnet - and to think I used to recommend them
to friends. What has happened to them??????

Usual scenario?
People find a very good service, it gets recommended to others in such
numbers that the service gets swamped, the service then deteriorates,
because they cannot cope with the increased customers. I don't know if
this is the case with Plusnet, but it does seem to happen.

Old July 22nd 04, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Crossbow

On 22 Jul 2004 09:22:36 GMT, cw wrote:

Crossbow wrote in :

Requested refund - agreed to cancellation date of 21.08.04 - all quits
on the money front, no futher payments due

21.07.04 - Plusnet take unauthorised payment

Sounds like the standard 30 days cancellation thing and you are
contractually bound to make good on any payments that fall within that 30
days notification period. You'll find most ISPs are that way.

As to the relocat bit, couldn't say without seeing ticket details but if
you were moving house then the Move My ADSL thing should have been
perfectly sufficient rather than a cancel/reorder as implied by your
wording..

The 30 days cancellation charge had been covered by the payment taken
for the failed "Move my ADSL" procedure as the amounts were identical.

Plusnet even agreed that this was the case and raised a ticket
advising their billing department not to take any more charges from us
- but they still did.

I have had another apology this morning, with a promise of a refund.
I'll post the outcome.
Old July 22nd 04, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:43:10 +0100, Crossbow wrote:

Ticket ID: 12615016

Summary

Tried to cancel service and relocate - total cockup

Received apology - too late, already moved to Zen

Requested refund - agreed to cancellation date of 21.08.04 - all quits
on the money front, no futher payments due

21.07.04 - Plusnet take unauthorised payment

22.07.04 - Plusnet start arguing about it.

Mr Anthony Thompson ig guilty this time of not reading tickets before
pressing that "reply" button

I'm heartily sick of Plusnet - and to think I used to recommend them
to friends. What has happened to them??????

Hi there,

The ticket you have quoted was answered a couple of hours ago. The
monies have been refunded. Please accept our apologies for this.

kind regards

Luke
--
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old July 22nd 04, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

Crossbow wrote in :

Plusnet even agreed that this was the case and raised a ticket
advising their billing department not to take any more charges from us
- but they still did.

In that case it simply sounds like the automatic billing script didn't
get the message. If you were told that then you should have no problems
with a refund (the accountability of contact us works both ways).

--
Colin
Old July 22nd 04, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

Crossbow wrote in message
I'm heartily sick of Plusnet - and to think I used to recommend them
to friends. What has happened to them??????

And to think that I could have gone with them. Glad I didn't now

---

Old July 22nd 04, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"PlusNet Support" wrote in message
The ticket you have quoted was answered a couple of hours ago. The
monies have been refunded. Please accept our apologies for this.

You know, instead of replying to messages on here, it might be good customer
relations to telephone your customers to apologise.

---