Exchange activation

Old July 22nd 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy

Default Exchange activation

How do I go about getting broadband from day one when my local exchange is
activated?

I've seen posts in this group about people getting broadband on the day
their exchange is activated, sometimes unofficially a couple of days
earlier, but every ISP I've asked has quoted me days or weeks after the
activation date.

NDO told me, "BT only start taking orders usually 5 days after the exchange
activation".

Any advice gratefully received!

Andy

---

Old July 22nd 04, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar

Andy wrote:

How do I go about getting broadband from day one when my local exchange is
activated?

I've seen posts in this group about people getting broadband on the day
their exchange is activated, sometimes unofficially a couple of days
earlier, but every ISP I've asked has quoted me days or weeks after the
activation date.

NDO told me, "BT only start taking orders usually 5 days after the exchange
activation".

Any advice gratefully received!

Andy

---

iirc you can (or atleast could) order before the exchange was activated,
but either way, it wont make a difference to your activation date / time
realistically. You should typically be up and running within 10 days
(max) of the exchange being activated, although in alot of cases it is less.

Old July 22nd 04, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Andy" wrote in message

How do I go about getting broadband from day one when my local
exchange is activated?

Hmm - you can't...

Its not impossible this will happen but very unlikely/rare and you can't
"make" it happen.

I've seen posts in this group about people getting broadband on the
day their exchange is activated, sometimes unofficially a couple of
days earlier, but every ISP I've asked has quoted me days or weeks
after the activation date.

NDO told me, "BT only start taking orders usually 5 days after the
exchange activation".

However told you that at NDO is wrong.

You can place an order for ADSL now on any exchange which has already been
enabled or has an activation date from BT

What happens is that BT will give your ISP a date - normally around a week
after the exchange goes live by which your line will be enabled.

BT will normally enable it a couple of days before this date - especially if
you have ordered it before the exchanges activation date (as they enable
lines in bulk at that stage)

However, you can't really influence when BT will enable your line between
the exchanges activation date and that supplied to your ISP.

If you have a HH/ISDN line, then you do have to wait for a appointment so
that BT can come out and swop out the HH/ISDN for ADSL - these appointments
are normally a week or two after the exchange activation date.. this gives
BT the chance to do the "standard" ADSL installations 1st and iron out any
unexpected problems.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 22nd 04, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jd014u5921

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/availabi...asp?order=trig

Old July 22nd 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:13:09 +0100, Andy
wrote:

How do I go about getting broadband from day one when my local exchange
is
activated?

I've seen posts in this group about people getting broadband on the day
their exchange is activated, sometimes unofficially a couple of days
earlier, but every ISP I've asked has quoted me days or weeks after the
activation date.

NDO told me, "BT only start taking orders usually 5 days after the
exchange
activation".

Any advice gratefully received!

Andy

---

Hi Andy,

BT Wholesale can in many case take orders on an exchange from around six
months before the exchange ready date. However, they will just sit in the
ordering system going nowhere until the exchange is enabled, plus the ISP
will have to place the order manually into the ordering system.
As an ISP we cannot ask BT to enable the line any earlier than 7 days
after the exchange ready date, however they can and do enable lines before
that. I've seen a couple done on the exchange ready date, and they were
very lucky, but none before then.

--
Regards,

Old July 25th 04, 01:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Andy
writes
How do I go about getting broadband from day one when my local exchange
is activated?

What's your local exchange Andy? ;O) ##When ye go will ye send back...##
--
Pete Devlin
A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.