BT announce special offer on SDSL connections

Old July 22nd 04, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default BT announce special offer on SDSL connections

BT today announced a special offer to halve the connection charge to service
providers for its range of wholesale symmetric broadband products for
businesses.

From October 21 the wholesale connection charge for BT IPStream Symmetric
and BT DataStream Symmetric products will be reduced from 450 to 225 for
orders completed by February 24, 2005.

Wally Freeman, BT Wholesale general manager for broadband products, said:
"This special offer is designed to stimulate the take up of SDSL services
which are still relatively new products and to encourage more of our service
provider customers to add SDSL products to their broadband portfolio.

"The reduction in connection charge will build on our recent announcement
that we plan to double the number of exchanges where we offer SDSL in the
coming months."

Earlier this month BT Wholesale announced plans to increase the number of
exchanges offering symmetric digital subscriber line (SDSL) broadband from
150 to 300.

http://www.btplc.com/News/Pressrelea...004/nr0464.htm

Regards
Sunil Sood

Old July 23rd 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Duncan Hill

Sunil Sood uttered in :

Earlier this month BT Wholesale announced plans to increase the number of
exchanges offering symmetric digital subscriber line (SDSL) broadband from
150 to 300.

http://www.btplc.com/News/Pressrelea...004/nr0464.htm

I'd love to know the exchanges they intend to bump, as it'd be nice to
upgrade $dayjob's uplink (ST5 / Newcastle-U-Lyme exchange). Uploading
hundreds of meg over 288 is.. *sigh*.

--
Posting addr feeds straight to DCC and others. dhill + nana = cricalix ,
net for direct mail.
Old July 23rd 04, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Duncan Hill" wrote in message

Sunil Sood uttered in :

Earlier this month BT Wholesale announced plans to increase the
number of exchanges offering symmetric digital subscriber line
(SDSL) broadband from 150 to 300.

I'd love to know the exchanges they intend to bump, as it'd be nice to
upgrade $dayjob's uplink (ST5 / Newcastle-U-Lyme exchange). Uploading
hundreds of meg over 288 is.. *sigh*.

The additional 150 exchanges which will get SDSL are listed at
http://www.btplc.com/News/Pressrelea...004/nr0457.pdf

Regards
Sunil

Old July 23rd 04, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Sunil Sood writes
"Duncan Hill" wrote in message

Sunil Sood uttered in :

Earlier this month BT Wholesale announced plans to increase the
number of exchanges offering symmetric digital subscriber line
(SDSL) broadband from 150 to 300.

I'd love to know the exchanges they intend to bump, as it'd be nice to
upgrade $dayjob's uplink (ST5 / Newcastle-U-Lyme exchange). Uploading
hundreds of meg over 288 is.. *sigh*.

The additional 150 exchanges which will get SDSL are listed at
http://www.btplc.com/News/Pressrelea...tenewsreleases
/2004/nr0457.pdf

I don't have much faith in businesses that can't get County names
correct. Avon thankfully disappeared over 5 years ago.

DF

Old July 23rd 04, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon

"David Floyd" wrote in message

I don't have much faith in businesses that can't get County names
correct. Avon thankfully disappeared over 5 years ago.

But unfortunately they didn't restore the status of Bristol - and no,
Rutland was NOT the smallest County in England, Bristol was.

Old July 23rd 04, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 23 Jul 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, David Floyd wrote:

I don't have much faith in businesses that can't get County names
correct.

I have little faith in businesses which insist on county names, and
might base its list on some out-of-date information bought from RM,
or similar. Gone is the need, as far as I can tell, for a county
when postcode or dialling code may be used instead to verify if
the location matches details from a user's request. Peter M.