cable vs BT

Old July 22nd 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
m.darbey

Default cable vs BT

As an NTL cable customer, am I stuck with going through them for
broadband? (A neighbour has got a 2mths free, 6 mths 1/2 price offer
for 600k but NTL deny that such an offer exists - anyone else know
different?)

I have a BT phone socket in the house (unused of course) can I use
that? Given the choice I think I would have gone for Metronet as
provider but I'm thinking that's not going to be an option. ;-(

cheers
mark
mcr
(To reply please take the michael)
Old July 22nd 04, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"m.darbey" wrote in message

As an NTL cable customer, am I stuck with going through them for
broadband? (A neighbour has got a 2mths free, 6 mths 1/2 price offer
for 600k but NTL deny that such an offer exists - anyone else know
different?)

I have a BT phone socket in the house (unused of course) can I use
that? Given the choice I think I would have gone for Metronet as
provider but I'm thinking that's not going to be an option. ;-(

cheers
mark
mcr
(To reply please take the michael

NTL only make these offers on new connections. I left NTL a few month's ago
and decided to ring up and see what was on offer. They offered me the £29.99
Digital TV pack for £19.99 per month + a free phone line.

I declined the offer and am staying with BT & Sky. The only way to get good
offers is to close your account and ring up to see what they will offer you.
They may give in if you tell them you wish to close your account in favour
of BT and Sky.

Old July 22nd 04, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

m.darbey wrote:
As an NTL cable customer, am I stuck with going through them for
broadband? (A neighbour has got a 2mths free, 6 mths 1/2 price offer
for 600k but NTL deny that such an offer exists - anyone else know
different?)

I have a BT phone socket in the house (unused of course) can I use
that? Given the choice I think I would have gone for Metronet as
provider but I'm thinking that's not going to be an option. ;-(

You could get the BT line enabled & then pick one of the numerous ISPs
offering DSL if you want to.

Sit down & do your sums & then make your decision, remember NTL isn't as
cheap as they make themselves out to be with any of their products....

Old July 23rd 04, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
m.darbey

Thanks All...

Old July 23rd 04, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen \(aka steford\)

m.darbey wrote:
As an NTL cable customer, am I stuck with going through them for
broadband? (A neighbour has got a 2mths free, 6 mths 1/2 price offer
for 600k but NTL deny that such an offer exists - anyone else know
different?)

I have a BT phone socket in the house (unused of course) can I use
that? Given the choice I think I would have gone for Metronet as
provider but I'm thinking that's not going to be an option. ;-(

cheers
mark
mcr
(To reply please take the michael)

NTL may also offer you, as they did me, a £10 monthly refund if you threaten
to quit the whole lot. I did have the bargaining chip that cable broadband
wasn't available in my area though.Had a BT line installed and now have
broadband instead of waiting 3 more years (or longer) for NTL broadband.
Still, serves me right for living in the middle of nowhere - London.