RFS Date

Old July 23rd 04, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman

Default RFS Date

Once BT give an RFS date for an exchange is it 100% guaranteed to be enabled
or can BT back out of doing this. I ask because my exchange has an RFS date
of 22/12. I received an email from BT telling me i could preorder Broadband
from 22/7 but according to the linecheck page -

Broadband is not yet available in your area.

Your telephone exchange is *************

BT is currently reviewing whether broadband can be provided to this
exchange. Please check back later for progress.

Thank you for your interest.

Norman

Old July 23rd 04, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Norman" wrote in message

Once BT give an RFS date for an exchange is it 100% guaranteed to be
enabled or can BT back out of doing this. I ask because my exchange
has an RFS date of 22/12. I received an email from BT telling me i
could preorder Broadband from 22/7 but according to the linecheck
page -

Broadband is not yet available in your area.

Your telephone exchange is *************

Its a shame you starred out the name of the exchange..

However, if BT have issued an RFS date - your exchange will be getting
ADSL - sometimes (quite/very rare), BT change the RFS date as they hit an
unexpected delay in providing ADSL.

However, based on the expected date - you can either order ADSL now or wait
until closer to the RFS date (sometimes ISP's have special offers which you
may want to apply for now)

It could be the line checker you are using does not have all the latest
information on it.. which one are you using?

If you're not using the one at http://www.bt.com/broadband/ - try that.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 23rd 04, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
"Norman" wrote in message

[...]

Cheers, that was the one I was using. I just went into the page again via
that link and lo and behold I can now place an order online. Only got 149
days till I can punt ntl now!

thanks
Norman