why does my adsl go wonky when I attatch extra phones?

Old July 23rd 04, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Asten

Default why does my adsl go wonky when I attatch extra phones?

Hello.

When I connect up other phones to my linebox using pins 2-5 I loose my adsl
broadband connection. Any idea what could be wrong.

Cheers,

Chris

Old July 23rd 04, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian G Batten

In article ,
Chris Asten wrote:
Hello.

When I connect up other phones to my linebox using pins 2-5 I loose my adsl
broadband connection. Any idea what could be wrong.

You need a microfilter per phone, or a wiring scheme which means that
there's always a microfilter between the DSL modem and _each_ phone.

ian
Old July 23rd 04, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:50:05 +0100, "Chris Asten"
wrote:

When I connect up other phones to my linebox using pins 2-5 I loose my adsl
broadband connection. Any idea what could be wrong.

Filter problem?

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old July 23rd 04, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Asten

Does the connection to my sky box need one? I think all my phones have
filters/splitters, but not sure about my Sky connection.
Is there a limit to the number of phones, or should I be able to have as
many as I want in theory (as long as they are filtered?

Can I have a couple of phones off of one filter/splitter?

Cheers

Old July 23rd 04, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Chris Asten" wrote in message

Does the connection to my sky box need one?

Yes.

Is there a limit to the number of phones, or should I be able to have
as many as I want in theory (as long as they are filtered?

In theory, all the phones on your line sould not exceed a REN of 4.

In pratice, this isn't often a problem as telephones rated with a REN of 1 -
often have a lot less..

Can I have a couple of phones off of one filter/splitter?

Yes.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 24th 04, 06:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian G Batten

In article ,
Chris Asten wrote:
Does the connection to my sky box need one? I think all my phones have

Probably.

filters/splitters, but not sure about my Sky connection.
Is there a limit to the number of phones, or should I be able to have as
many as I want in theory (as long as they are filtered?

Subject to REN, of course.

Can I have a couple of phones off of one filter/splitter?

Yes.

Make sure your filters conform to SIN356. If they're smaller than a
matchbox, check carefully.

ian

Old July 24th 04, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

"Chris Asten" wrote in message
Does the connection to my sky box need one? I think all my phones have
filters/splitters, but not sure about my Sky connection.
Is there a limit to the number of phones, or should I be able to have as
many as I want in theory (as long as they are filtered?

Can I have a couple of phones off of one filter/splitter?

I have all the phones in the house off one filter. 6 phones