HIOW CAN I ADD A YAGI ANTENNA TO MY WIRELESS ROUTER ?

Old July 24th 04, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
___

Default HIOW CAN I ADD A YAGI ANTENNA TO MY WIRELESS ROUTER ?

It seems few routers and not the Belkin one allow for any external antenna
connection, so is there any other way like an access point with an external
ant connection I can connect to the router ?

Old July 24th 04, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

It seems few routers and not the Belkin one allow for any external antenna
connection, so is there any other way like an access point with an

external
ant connection I can connect to the router ?

Pull it apart and fit the connector of your choice.
We real Hams don't care about such things as warranties.

Graham.

--

%Profound_observation%

Old July 24th 04, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

It seems few routers and not the Belkin one allow for any external
antenna connection, so is there any other way like an access point
with an external ant connection I can connect to the router ?

It might help if you said a little more about how you want to extend the
range. A lot of routers have an external antenna connection with a small one
on it already. These can be used to connect various antennae.

www.solwise.com have a good slection.

Old July 24th 04, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew

"___" wrote in message ...
It seems few routers and not the Belkin one allow for any external antenna
connection, so is there any other way like an access point with an

external
ant connection I can connect to the router ?

http://www.broadbandstore.co.uk/

Is an excellent source of external antennas, plus very friendly if you
ring and as for info

Andrew

Old July 24th 04, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Try this page.....and scroll down to the antenna section!
http://www.wlan.org.uk/antenna-page.htm

Robin

Old July 25th 04, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linker3000

___ wrote:

It seems few routers and not the Belkin one allow for any external antenna
connection, so is there any other way like an access point with an external
ant connection I can connect to the router ?

Try this - it's FREE!!!

http://www.freeantennas.com/projects...te2/index.html

L3K