Heads up Plusnet UPDATE : Early JUNE and still no service ....

Old July 25th 04, 12:21 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Default Heads up Plusnet UPDATE : Early JUNE and still no service ....

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:11:58 +0100, TX2
wrote:

In article , tx2inbound-
, a.k.a Tim says...

[...]

Activated early June, but due to a BT fault, no service until late June;
further faults (constant disconnections) has led to another wait for BT
to investigate the line, who now say it's a Plusnet issue, potential
faulty modem.

Sorry this is a bit long, but of course, updating the ticket with
Plusnet shoves it to the bottom of the stack, and as Plusnet seem unable
to respond in a timely fashion, I'm posting here ... and cross posting
to uk.t.b

Ticket 12432199

With agreement from the customer, i have re-formatted her PC as she did
have a virus that AVAST hadn't picked up (NOD32 did) and was not using
Ad-Aware correctly and had a considerable amount of Spyware on her
system (e.g Gator, Coolwebsearch)

I then re-installed WinXP Home, and the Binatone modem software.

I connected the equipment to broadband at my premises, and it ran
without issue for several hours. I was able to download all windows
updates and other software such as Zone Alarm, AVG et al.

I also installed and ran my own Fujitsu modem to ensure no flukes.

I then formatted and re-installed her PC a second time to be absolutely
sure. Again, no problems encountered.

As the PC was now working quite flawlessly, and thinking (although not
convinced) it may have perhaps been the virus/spyware infection which
had been causing the issue, i returned the PC to the customer.

On reconnecting at her premises, *exactly* the same issues occurred in
that we get a short period of connection, whereafter, the sync just
drops.

I borrowed a different modem from a neighbour, a BT Voyager 100, and had
exactly the same issues. Not the modem then ...

The neighbour then said that he was also getting the same type of issues
on his ADSL service with AOL.

I disconnected Plusnet's customer from the phone line whilst i popped
next door to see her neighbour. His AOL connection was 'rock solid'.

I noted a problem with his Norton as his subscription had expired. We
updated that and ran Live Update to get him back on track with his AV
protection.

Whilst i was running Live Update, i popped back into Plusnet customers
house, and again tried to connect to BB. Same issues. OK for a few
minutes then disconnected and tries to re-sync.

I gave up here and went back next door to be told his BB connection had
hiccuped whilst i was next door. It was now solid again. I ran ADSL
guide speed test, downloaded a large file from downloads.com without
issue.

Could it be that when they both go on BB, the problem occurs???

The line they are on is 'shared', in that it goes via the same premises,
i.e the Plusnet customers house ......

Indeed, the neighbour, whose property is in the grounds of Plusnet
customer's, said he only started getting issues with BB after his
neighbour had been on broadband, so far as he could tell.....

I couldn't test any further as Plusnet's customer had to go out for the
remainder of the day.

hmmm....

So, the customers PC and modem work perfectly here, but not at their own
house.

The neighbour is also getting an interrupted service, but he thinks only
since his neighbour connected.

BT have lied to Plusnet and told them they have sent a BT ADSL engineer
out who found no fault ... no engineer testing ADSL has ever visited
these premises. Plusnet haven't again responded to their customer either
via Contact Us or telephone in a timely manner ...... despite being
requested to do so via phone, they still insist on updating Contact Us
when the customer has no internet access.

The problem, IMO, is NOT with the customers equipment Plusnet, it has to
be something to do with the phone line.

So Plusnet, we've done everything we can at our end, what are you going
to do about it?

Hi,

In which case it sounds like me need to get BT to send an ADSL engineer
out. We won't be able to book this until tomorrow, but it would likely
speed things up if you can either post your friend's availability in the
ticket or via option 5 on the support line and we'll try and arrange it.
BT's timeslots are 8:00 - 10:30, 10:30 - 13:00 - 13:00 - 15:30 and 15:30 -
18:00.

--
Regards,

http://www.plus.net
Old July 25th 04, 01:37 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

And BT will then again phone the customer up and (arrogantly) tell her
nothing is wrong with the line, thereafter informing Plusnet that an
engineer has visited and found no fault ....

Circle and viscous are words that spring to mind.

Easiest resolution is to cancel the BB package, give this lady her
money back, in full, and transfer her onto a dial-up account.

Sounds to me as though you don't want the problem resolved. Try taking the
view that solving the problem is paramount and worry about the blame
afterwards!

Old July 25th 04, 02:40 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Colin S. Ogilvie

TX2 wrote:
Yes, solving the problem is paramount, it's a f**king shame Plusnet nor
BT seem to think so[1], otherwise this would have been escalated a long
time ago and i wouldn't be resorting to posting to newsgroups to get any
kind of action taken!

I thougnt PlusNet had tried to raise the issue to BT but couldn't due to
an open Voice Problem? I know there have been other things as well, but
this seems to me to be BTs problem.

--
Colin S. Ogilvie
Service Status Updates by Email - and more...
Old July 25th 04, 02:42 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Sounds to me as though you don't want the problem resolved.

WTF !!!!

Try taking the view that solving the problem is paramount and worry
about the blame afterwards!

From another post you made.

"And BT will then again phone the customer up and (arrogantly) tell her
nothing is wrong with the line, thereafter informing Plusnet that an
engineer has visited and found no fault ....

Circle and viscous are words that spring to mind.

Easiest resolution is to cancel the BB package, give this lady her money
back, in full, and transfer her onto a dial-up account."

QED I think!

Old July 25th 04, 02:46 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:32:24 +0100, TX2
wrote:

In article , ,
a.k.a PlusNet Support Team says...

In which case it sounds like me need to get BT to send an ADSL engineer
out. We won't be able to book this until tomorrow, but it would likely
speed things up if you can either post your friend's availability in the
ticket or via option 5 on the support line and we'll try and arrange it.
BT's timeslots are 8:00 - 10:30, 10:30 - 13:00 - 13:00 - 15:30 and
15:30 -
18:00

And BT will then again phone the customer up and (arrogantly) tell her
nothing is wrong with the line, thereafter informing Plusnet that an
engineer has visited and found no fault ....

Circle and viscous are words that spring to mind.

Easiest resolution is to cancel the BB package, give this lady her money
back, in full, and transfer her onto a dial-up account.

Did i say "easiest" ..... oh dear, now that could never do ;-)

I'll ask her her availability ...... or maybe even Plusnet could
actually do as they've been asked and ring this customer themselves?

oh never mind, i'll do it, i know it'll get done then. Will be in touch.

I can't book the appointment now, but I'll make sure it gets booked
tomorrow when the faults guys are back in.

--

http://www.plus.net
Old July 25th 04, 08:24 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

PlusNet Support Team wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:11:58 +0100, TX2
wrote:

In article ,
tx2inbound- , a.k.a Tim says...

[...]

[...]

That's old information, field staff only have 2 slots now, AM or PM (AM is
up to 13:00 as well). If you do get an ADSL engineer allocated bear in mind
that the works control just love to give 4 morning appointments out to the
one engineer, knowing full well that at least 2 won't get covered until PM,
but what the heck it gets the jobs off the system (speaking from the sharp
end)

Old July 25th 04, 10:58 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
cw

Tx2 wrote in
t:

No-one at Plusnet seems prepared to take ownership of this issue.

An unfortunate side-effect of shift work. Different people are in at
different times, so if it is assigned to one person as opposed to a
generic pool then they *must* be in for anything to get done.

--
Colin
Old July 26th 04, 12:17 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
P H

In which case it sounds like me need to get BT to send an ADSL
engineer out. We won't be able to book this until tomorrow, but it
would likely speed things up if you can either post your friend's
availability in the ticket or via option 5 on the support line and
we'll try and arrange it. BT's timeslots are 8:00 - 10:30, 10:30 -
13:00 - 13:00 - 15:30 and 15:30 - 18:00.

That's old information, field staff only have 2 slots now, AM or PM (AM is
up to 13:00 as well). If you do get an ADSL engineer allocated bear in

mind
that the works control just love to give 4 morning appointments out to the
one engineer, knowing full well that at least 2 won't get covered until

PM,
but what the heck it gets the jobs off the system (speaking from the sharp
end)

ADSL Engineers are still working on the old apointment slot system on the
deadicated broadband teams. CST PSTN Engineers are working on the new
system. Well that is how it works down here in the south.

73's de Phill H