Heads up Plusnet UPDATE : Early JUNE and still no service ....

Old July 25th 04, 12:33 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Default Heads up Plusnet UPDATE : Early JUNE and still no service ....

So, the customers PC and modem work perfectly here, but not at their own
house.
The neighbour is also getting an interrupted service, but he thinks only
since his neighbour connected.

If the AOL customer disconnects, can the Plusnet customer get a stable
connection ?

....i`m no telecoms engineer, but this sounds like a BT problem to me...

Old July 25th 04, 12:57 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
cw

As I touched in the other post I just made, technically there is no fault
on the line which is why the BT engineers say exactly that.
The problem is the DACS and it only supporting one connection at a time
so the real problem is that BT wholesale accepted an order on an
unsuitable line. As such, BT wholesale should be held responsible for
refunding all costs or reproviding a suitable line.

A competent engineer who actually cared about his job would spot the DACS
on the line straight away and figure it out. Someone just going through
the motions and doing the required testing would not catch it and would
return no fault as all tests indicate..

--
Colin