Replacing my router....

Old July 26th 04, 02:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon

Default Replacing my router....

Hi everyone,

Im replacing my Draytek Vigor 2600 ADSL router (2+ years old). This is
because when opening the Bittorrent ports (6881-6999) it crashes after
various time periods (5min - 6hrs). The connection is lost and the router
is not even accessible on the network! I have to turn it off at the mains
and sometimes reset it. Router is running correct latest firmware.

Im now looking for a new router. Can anyone recommend a good router
suitable for opening the bittorrent ports? Im looking at the Netgear DG834.
Can spend up to 110ish.

Thanks
Jonathan

Old July 26th 04, 08:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hyper64

"Jon" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

Im replacing my Draytek Vigor 2600 ADSL router (2+ years old). This is
because when opening the Bittorrent ports (6881-6999) it crashes after
various time periods (5min - 6hrs). The connection is lost and the router
is not even accessible on the network! I have to turn it off at the mains
and sometimes reset it. Router is running correct latest firmware.

Im now looking for a new router. Can anyone recommend a good router
suitable for opening the bittorrent ports? Im looking at the Netgear

DG834.
Can spend up to 110ish.

Thanks
Jonathan

Try just opening up 6881 and running Azureus as the client.

Old July 26th 04, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon

Try just opening up 6881 and running Azureus as the client.

Tried using Azureus and now getting faster downloads (25ish kb/s on 512).
However there is still a problem with the router in that is crashes when I
go through its options so I guess im getting the Netgear DG834.

Thanks!

Old July 27th 04, 12:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alexander Mann

Jon wrote:

Try just opening up 6881 and running Azureus as the client.

Tried using Azureus and now getting faster downloads (25ish kb/s on 512).
However there is still a problem with the router in that is crashes when I
go through its options so I guess im getting the Netgear DG834.

Thanks!

The Thomson SpeedTouch 510v4 is quite a powerful/stable router. In ~2
years of use I've only ever seen it fall over once (when I was playing
with some settings). Of course, if your ISP will let you, you could
avoid the problem by using multiple IPs in a no-NAT setup.

--

(Valid email address)