Help Wireless Broadband Info Needed!!!!!

Old July 26th 04, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
EDO8109

Default Help Wireless Broadband Info Needed!!!!!

Help!!!!

I know the basic's but I'm nowhere being an expert on wireless
networking and broadband connection, so someone please help me!!!!!

I have recently moved house where my phone line was connected in my
dining room next to my PC I had a broadband connection (this PC is
never turned off) further to this I have a wireless card in both the
laptop and the PC so I can share my connection and network between
them.

However I have just moved and now the PC is on the far bedroom about
25m away from the phone socket and I don't want to rum a the wire
through the house! Is there anyway around this? Can set up the
broadband via a router next to the phone line or does it need to be
plugged into my PC? Help!

Cheers

Wayne
Old July 26th 04, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Albrow SJ

"EDO8109" wrote in message
om...
Help!!!!

I know the basic's but I'm nowhere being an expert on wireless
networking and broadband connection, so someone please help me!!!!!

I have recently moved house where my phone line was connected in my
dining room next to my PC I had a broadband connection (this PC is
never turned off) further to this I have a wireless card in both the
laptop and the PC so I can share my connection and network between
them.

ok

However I have just moved and now the PC is on the far bedroom about
25m away from the phone socket and I don't want to rum a the wire
through the house! Is there anyway around this? Can set up the
broadband via a router next to the phone line or does it need to be
plugged into my PC? Help!

Yes, all you need is a wireless adsl router - this will take care of
everything for you.

All your computers will then connect to the router wirelessly with a
wireless card.

You say 'the' broadband router - if you already had one it would have not
connected to the pc (or at least if it was connect with a Cat5 Ethernet
patch cable, the other computers would still have net access with it off).

An ADSL Wireless router is very different from an ADSL Modem. If you have a
wireless access point (not adsl router) then you can buy a wired adsl router
and use the exisitng wireless access point.

HTH

Sam

Cheers

Wayne

---
If you have any queries regarding this email please contact Horshamnet on
08708811293.