Is there a way of telling how many people are actually using adsl at local exchange?

Old July 26th 04, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Default Is there a way of telling how many people are actually using adsl at local exchange?

As the subject really, I've seen some forum posts saying they are the
only person connected at their exchange and was wondering if i could
find out information about my exchange.

Is there a way of telling how many people are actually using adsl at
my local exchange?

Cheers.

Old July 26th 04, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Phil wrote:
As the subject really, I've seen some forum posts saying they are the
only person connected at their exchange and was wondering if i could
find out information about my exchange.

Is there a way of telling how many people are actually using adsl at
my local exchange?

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/

The exchange search will tell you if the exchange has reached/nearly reached
capacity, and how many DSLAMs are installed there. It doesn't give you the
exact numbers using ADSL however.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Dominic

Old July 26th 04, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

how many users can one dslam support. my exchange currently has one dslam
but is due for another one very soon which probably means they're runnning
out of capacity so I could guess a rough estimate how many dsl users it has.

Dan

Old July 26th 04, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:25:08 +0100, "Dominic"
wrote:

Phil wrote:
As the subject really, I've seen some forum posts saying they are the
only person connected at their exchange and was wondering if i could
find out information about my exchange.

Is there a way of telling how many people are actually using adsl at
my local exchange?

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/

The exchange search will tell you if the exchange has reached/nearly reached
capacity, and how many DSLAMs are installed there. It doesn't give you the
exact numbers using ADSL however.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Dominic

Cheers, I think this is what I was looking for.

Phil.
Old July 26th 04, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

"Phil" wrote in message

As the subject really, I've seen some forum posts saying they are
the only person connected at their exchange and was wondering if i
could find out information about my exchange.

Is there a way of telling how many people are actually using adsl
at my local exchange?

Cheers.

That will depend on what type/manufacturer of equipment has been used as
well as which generation of equipment....