Bulldog / BT problem ?

Old July 27th 04, 12:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

Default Bulldog / BT problem ?

Had placed an order with Bulldog 4mb DSL a week ago and now I get this email
saying this:

"We have tried to place an order on your line for service and BT has
rejected your order due to incompatible products."

Any idea what this actually means ?

p.s I had a 2mb connection with fast24 which I had cancelled and BT removed
the service off my line. So, I know that the line is clear and is ceased.

Old July 27th 04, 01:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alexander Mann

john wrote:
Had placed an order with Bulldog 4mb DSL a week ago and now I get this email
saying this:

"We have tried to place an order on your line for service and BT has
rejected your order due to incompatible products."

Any idea what this actually means ?

p.s I had a 2mb connection with fast24 which I had cancelled and BT removed
the service off my line. So, I know that the line is clear and is ceased.

Have you asked Bulldog what the product was? They should be able to
tell (but it sounds like it's your Fast24 ADSL..)

--

(Valid email address)
Old July 27th 04, 08:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keef

"john" wrote in message

Had placed an order with Bulldog 4mb DSL a week ago and now I get this

email
saying this:

"We have tried to place an order on your line for service and BT has
rejected your order due to incompatible products."

Any idea what this actually means ?

I had the same message from Virgin.net.

I never did get an answer from Virgin or BT explaining what the
"incompatible products" were.

I just ordered ADSL from Pipex and it went through without a problem.

Regards - Keef

--
Dartford Kent UK
Email

Old July 27th 04, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

"Alexander Mann" wrote in message
.. .
john wrote:
Had placed an order with Bulldog 4mb DSL a week ago and now I get this

email
saying this:

"We have tried to place an order on your line for service and BT has
rejected your order due to incompatible products."

Any idea what this actually means ?

p.s I had a 2mb connection with fast24 which I had cancelled and BT

removed
the service off my line. So, I know that the line is clear and is

ceased.

Have you asked Bulldog what the product was? They should be able to
tell (but it sounds like it's your Fast24 ADSL..)

Called up bulldog and they tell me that "incompatible products" could mean
several things with BT such as NTE5 terminating device, a single standard
line etc. I called BT up and all that I was told that was "My broadband
service provider has to call BT Broadband Wholesale and ask them to remove
all the incompatible products on my line and also perform another check on
the line to ensure everything is ok".

Called up Fast24 and they tell me that the service on my line had been
removed as I had requested and there are no such incompatible products
existing on the line.

Hmmmm... Was kind of looking forward to having a 4mbps connection and
therefore had my 2mbps line cut off.......not sure what to do next ! :-/

Old July 27th 04, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

"Keef" wrote in message

"We have tried to place an order on your line for service and BT has
rejected your order due to incompatible products."

Any idea what this actually means ?

I had the same message from Virgin.net.

I never did get an answer from Virgin or BT explaining what the
"incompatible products" were.

I just ordered ADSL from Pipex and it went through without a problem.

I know what you mean, I too feel that Bulldog are crapping up !

Old July 27th 04, 04:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"john" wrote in message

Called up bulldog and they tell me that "incompatible products" could
mean several things with BT such as NTE5 terminating device, a
single standard line etc. I called BT up and all that I was told that
was "My broadband service provider has to call BT Broadband Wholesale
and ask them to remove all the incompatible products on my line and
also perform another check on the line to ensure everything is ok".

Called up Fast24 and they tell me that the service on my line had been
removed as I had requested and there are no such incompatible products
existing on the line.

Hmmmm... Was kind of looking forward to having a 4mbps connection and
therefore had my 2mbps line cut off.......not sure what to do next !

Buldlog should really have tried to call BT Wholesale and seen if they could
get any more information for you...

However, are you sure your existing 2MB service has been fully removed from
your line?

Fast24 may have cancelled your old ADSL account but BT Wholesale may not yet
have removed the ADSL equipment from your line or if they have may not yet
have updated their records to reflect this. (at least at the time
Bulldog/BTW tried to process the Bulldog order)

(the above is the most likely explanation on a line which already has ADSL
on it)

As such, try going to :

https://www.cs-server1.bt.com/hhway-...ABC&TELNUM=XYZ

Replacing ABC with your BT customer number (two letters followed by 8
digits) and XYZ with your telephone number including area code, no spaces.

and seeing what it says orders on your account.

Otherwise, just try placing a fresh order for Bulldog4 and see what
happens.. you can even quote my referral code (bdol87431) if you didn't the
1st time

Regards
Sunil

Old July 27th 04, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
"john" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for the info. , I entered my data and this is what I got :

Order Number: xxxxxxxxxx
Date Order Placed: 12/07/2004
Requirement: Add, remove or update a product or service
Completion date: 20/07/2004

Action Quantity Description
CEASE 1 ADSL BTDATASTREAM OFFICE 2MBPS

I am not sure what the above exactly means.

Old July 27th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"john" wrote in message

Otherwise, just try placing a fresh order for Bulldog4 and see what
happens.. you can even quote my referral code (bdol87431) if you
didn't the 1st time

Thanks for the info. , I entered my data and this is what I got :

Order Number: xxxxxxxxxx
Date Order Placed: 12/07/2004
Requirement: Add, remove or update a product or service
Completion date: 20/07/2004

Action Quantity Description
CEASE 1 ADSL BTDATASTREAM OFFICE 2MBPS

I am not sure what the above exactly means.

It simply means that your fast24 ADSL line was provided over a DataStream
connection (as are all fast24 (I think) and many Bulldog customers) and not
a IPStream line.

It also shows the dates that BT Wholesale received the order to cease your
ADSL line and when they actually did it.

As such, I don't think there should be nothing in the way of you ordering
Bulldog4 unless one of BT's systems hasn't been properly updated yet to
reflect the fact that your line is now ADSL free.

As such, try placing a fresh order for Bulldog4 and see what happens.. you
will still qualify for the free connection etc - as you are ordering before
the end of the month - if your order is rejected again, then chase it up
"properly" with Bulldog (if that happens I may have the names of a few
people you could try contacting)

Do you have any other services on the phone line in question? Select
Services or CPS?

None of them should make a difference to the ADSL order but...

Regards
Sunil

Old July 27th 04, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
"john" wrote in message

Otherwise, just try placing a fresh order for Bulldog4 and see what
happens.. you can even quote my referral code (bdol87431) if you
didn't the 1st time

Thanks for the info. , I entered my data and this is what I got :

Order Number: xxxxxxxxxx
Date Order Placed: 12/07/2004
[...]

Nope, no special services.

Will it make a difference if I order again ? I am asking this because I had
already received my order confirmation on the 12th (the same day that I
applied for cancel and cease with Fast24) from Bulldog regarding my order
and also have received my account details and my "bdolnumber". Bulldog then
told me that it would take about 10 days for the new service to be installed
on my line. Yesterday, Bulldog had informed me via email that when they
placed an order with BT, BT rejected the order stating that my line had
"incompatible products" .

Thanks

Old July 27th 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"john" wrote in message

Will it make a difference if I order again ? I am asking this because
I had already received my order confirmation on the 12th (the same
day that I applied for cancel and cease with Fast24) from Bulldog
regarding my order and also have received my account details and my
"bdolnumber". Bulldog then told me that it would take about 10 days
for the new service to be installed on my line. Yesterday, Bulldog
had informed me via email that when they placed an order with BT, BT
rejected the order stating that my line had "incompatible products" .

You can ask Bulldog to try and place the order again using all your current
details..

Its not going to make any difference time wise to when the order is
installed - the delay between receiving your order confirmation and Bulldog
placing the order with BT was due to them waiting for the Fast24 service to
be ceased by BT.

I am just assuming that a new "straightforward" order will go though with
less manual intervention then your current order but I don't think it will
make much difference whichever way you choose.

Give Bulldog a call and deal with it over the telephone.. - if the order is
still being rejected, get them to ring BT Wholesale and ask for more
information.

Regards
Sunil