ADSL modem - quicker connection?

Old July 27th 04, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roy Forster

Default ADSL modem - quicker connection?

I have a conexant PCI modem which takes about 2 minutes to connect after XP
has finished booting. Listening to the clicks from the modem, it appears
that it is the last instruction to be run at boot up. Is there a way to move
it higher up the pecking order?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Roy

Old July 27th 04, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Roy Forster" wrote in
message
I have a conexant PCI modem which takes about 2 minutes to

connect after XP
has finished booting. Listening to the clicks from the

modem, it appears
that it is the last instruction to be run at boot up. Is

there a way to move
it higher up the pecking order?

If you're that desperate to get connected that you can't
wait a minute or two, leave the pc on...

P.