ADSL withoout microfilters?

Old July 28th 04, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Lester

Default ADSL withoout microfilters?

I'm having my kitchen done at the moment and plan on putting a phone
line, however I'd prefer not to have ugly microfilters hanging from the
phone socket.

At the moment I have two phones (with filters) , one from the main BT
box and an extension in my study. Are there any products which can do
away with the microfilters ny doing the job at source? If so would I be
able to fit them or would BT have to do it?

Thanks

Dave Lester

Old July 28th 04, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian G Batten

In article ,
Dave Lester wrote:
At the moment I have two phones (with filters) , one from the main BT
box and an extension in my study. Are there any products which can do
away with the microfilters ny doing the job at source? If so would I be
able to fit them or would BT have to do it?

You can get faceplate microfilters, I believe.

ian
Old July 28th 04, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronny

"Dave Lester" wrote in message
I'm having my kitchen done at the moment and plan on putting a phone
line, however I'd prefer not to have ugly microfilters hanging from the
phone socket.

At the moment I have two phones (with filters) , one from the main BT
box and an extension in my study. Are there any products which can do
away with the microfilters ny doing the job at source? If so would I be
able to fit them or would BT have to do it?

Thanks

Dave Lester

You only need one microfilter at source, then you plug all your extensions
into this, then you can do away with em

Old July 28th 04, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Dave Lester" wrote in message

I'm having my kitchen done at the moment and plan on putting a phone
line, however I'd prefer not to have ugly microfilters hanging from
the phone socket.

At the moment I have two phones (with filters) , one from the main BT
box and an extension in my study. Are there any products which can do
away with the microfilters ny doing the job at source? If so would I
be able to fit them or would BT have to do it?

You can fit them yourself.

Have a look at http://www.clarity.it/ and
http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm

Regards
Sunil

Old July 28th 04, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter R Cook

In message , Dave Lester
writes
I'm having my kitchen done at the moment and plan on putting a phone
line, however I'd prefer not to have ugly microfilters hanging from the
phone socket.

At the moment I have two phones (with filters) , one from the main BT
box and an extension in my study. Are there any products which can do
away with the microfilters ny doing the job at source? If so would I be
able to fit them or would BT have to do it?

Thanks

Dave Lester

Dave,

If you don't want ADSL access on the kitchen phone, filter the extension
where it comes off the main BT Box.

You can get a front plate that provides both filtered and unfiltered
connections - then just run the extension from the filtered side.

If you do (later) want broadband in the kitchen, you could always go
wireless!!
--
Peter R Cook
Old July 28th 04, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Sunil Sood wrote:

"Dave Lester" wrote in message

I'm having my kitchen done at the moment and plan on putting a phone
line, however I'd prefer not to have ugly microfilters hanging from
the phone socket.

At the moment I have two phones (with filters) , one from the main BT
box and an extension in my study. Are there any products which can do
away with the microfilters ny doing the job at source? If so would I
be able to fit them or would BT have to do it?

You can fit them yourself.

Have a look at http://www.clarity.it/ and
http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm

Regards
Sunil

The filtered faceplates referenced here will do the job - and any extension
sockets wired into the back of the faceplate will automatically be filtered
without requiring micro-filters.

The filtered faceplate *must* be fitted to the master socket though, and
this is then the *only* place having an *unfiltered* outlet for your ADSL
connection. If you want to locate your ADSL equipment (modem, router or
whatever) somewhere else, get one of the modified faceplates which Clarity
supply - which allow a digital extension to be wired into the back, in
addition to analog extensions.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old July 28th 04, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Lester

Thanks one and all. I'll have a word with the Clarity bods.

Dave