BT Dial Up via Bluetooth for ADSL/Broadband User (maybe OT)

Old July 30th 04, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Redding

Default BT Dial Up via Bluetooth for ADSL/Broadband User (maybe OT)

I need to set up a dial up connection to BT's servers via bluetooth but when
I dial into 0845 756 0000 and enter the username and password that is used
for the broadband account it says that the username and/or password is
invalid. The bluetooth is working fine and dials into the server but it's
the verification that fails.

Does anyone know how to set this up? I think I may need to dial into a
different number.

Sorry if this is off topic for this newsgroup.

Thanks.

Pete.

Old July 31st 04, 12:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Peter Redding wrote:

I need to set up a dial up connection to BT's servers via bluetooth
but when I dial into 0845 756 0000 and enter the username and
password that is used for the broadband account it says that the
username and/or password is invalid. The bluetooth is working fine
and dials into the server but it's the verification that fails.

Does anyone know how to set this up? I think I may need to dial into
a different number.

Sorry if this is off topic for this newsgroup.

Thanks.

Pete.

I assume that you're trying to access your Broadband account from a dial-up
connection when you're away from your main location?

If so, I don't know the precise details for a BT account. However, with some
ISP's (cetainly PlusNet) you need a slightly different form of the username
when accessing the account in this way. Have a careful look at any
information which BT may have given you when the account was set up.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old July 31st 04, 12:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Peter Redding wrote:
I need to set up a dial up connection to BT's servers via bluetooth
but when I dial into 0845 756 0000 and enter the username and
password that is used for the broadband account it says that the
username and/or password is invalid. The bluetooth is working fine
and dials into the server but it's the verification that fails.

Does anyone know how to set this up? I think I may need to dial
into a different number.

Sorry if this is off topic for this newsgroup.

Thanks.

Pete.

You don't dial any numbers to access broadband, the only reason there are
numbers is because of the DUN used by Windows. What you will have to do (if
it's possible) is to share your connection via the PC connected to the DSL
modem...

By the way bluetooth what exactly???

Old July 31st 04, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew

"Peter Redding" wrote in message
. ..
I need to set up a dial up connection to BT's servers via bluetooth but

when
I dial into 0845 756 0000 and enter the username and password that is used
for the broadband account it says that the username and/or password is
invalid. The bluetooth is working fine and dials into the server but it's
the verification that fails.

Does anyone know how to set this up? I think I may need to dial into a
different number.

Sorry if this is off topic for this newsgroup.

Thanks.

Pete.

If you are trying to connect using dialup remember to drop the hg??
part of your username, eg
instead of

Hope that helps

Andrew