Australia ahead of the UK again....in cable DSL

Old July 31st 04, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
___

Default Australia ahead of the UK again....in cable DSL

Cable is 10Mbps for 23 a month down under not bad huh ? It's always been
this speed also apparently

Old July 31st 04, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
smee

I was in Hong Kong last month and they have the same sort of deal, but users
never get anywhere near the speeds, if it was introduced over here we would
go ballistic because we were only getting half of the advertised speeds
because of the amount of users.

Old July 31st 04, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"___" wrote in message

Cable is 10Mbps for 23 a month down under not bad huh ? It's always been
this speed also apparently

From which supplier? I had a look at the major cable suppliers in AU and the
prices and packages are similar to UK. Can't see anything above 2MB.

Old July 31st 04, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
___

"___" wrote in message

Cable is 10Mbps for 23 a month down under not bad huh ? It's always

been
this speed also apparently

From which supplier? I had a look at the major cable suppliers in AU and

the
prices and packages are similar to UK. Can't see anything above 2MB.

Only 128kbps upload I might add but optus foxtel etc they all do it
apparently

Old July 31st 04, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bextech.org.uk

"___" wrote in message

Cable is 10Mbps for 23 a month down under not bad huh ? It's always

been
this speed also apparently

From which supplier? I had a look at the major cable suppliers in AU and

the
prices and packages are similar to UK. Can't see anything above 2MB.

Only 128kbps upload I might add but optus foxtel etc they all do it
apparently

Reading their forums, they are lucky if they can get a sustained 512 service
for more than several hours a day, plus most have limits (quotas - OZ Speak)
and cost a great deal more than what we pay!

There are one or two that offer 1.5M this still has download limits and cost
around 60

---
For free calls: http://www.bextech.me.uk/talktalk.htm
For a great discussion: http://www.bextech.org.uk

Old July 31st 04, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In article , ___ wrote:
Cable is 10Mbps for 23 a month down under not bad huh ? It's always been
this speed also apparently

Plus traffic charges of how much per MB?

Zane.
Old July 31st 04, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bextech.org.uk

"___" wrote in message
Cable is 10Mbps for 23 a month down under not bad huh ? It's always been
this speed also apparently

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc-list.cfm?loc=0

You will find they are far behind, and very expensive.

---

Old July 31st 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
___

wrote in message ...
In article , ___ wrote:
Cable is 10Mbps for 23 a month down under not bad huh ? It's always

been
this speed also apparently

Plus traffic charges of how much per MB?

None I think but will find out for sure, this guy downloads about 60GB a
month

Old July 31st 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
___

"___" wrote in message
Cable is 10Mbps for 23 a month down under not bad huh ? It's always

been
this speed also apparently

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc-list.cfm?loc=0

You will find they are far behind, and very expensive.

This lists only ADSL it seems, cable DSL is not the same, higher speeds can
be piped down than ADSL

Old July 31st 04, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spoon

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:00:16 +0100, [___] said :-

wrote in message ...
In article , ___ wrote:
Cable is 10Mbps for 23 a month down under not bad huh ? It's always

been
this speed also apparently

Plus traffic charges of how much per MB?

None I think but will find out for sure, this guy downloads about 60GB a
month

Big deal. That's not a vast amount.

Please give the exact details you're trying to imply here. You have
yet to quote any references to webpages giving costs/bandwidth
restrictions etc. You should have done this before spouting inaccurate
detail.