NTL's Santa's Been

Old August 2nd 04, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GwG

Default NTL's Santa's Been

At last, Mr. NTL Santa Claus has been and delivered the long awaited
speed increases.

It makes a change to report something positive about NTL.

--
Stop unsolicited phone calls.
Use the TPS (Telephone Preference Service), register he-

Old August 2nd 04, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Haylett

GwG wrote:
At last, Mr. NTL Santa Claus has been and delivered the long awaited
speed increases.

It makes a change to report something positive about NTL.

Yes, indeed, although even when distributing largesse their administrative
skills are simply not up to it. The nice postcode checker at
http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/e...de/checker.php
told me that I was due for the upgrade in November. A quick reboot of the
cable modem, however, showed "Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 300000 bps".
Not that I'm complaining about an upgrade three months ahead of schedule,
you understand!

Andrew.
Old August 3rd 04, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harvey Van Sickle

On 02 Aug 2004, chris wrote

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:31:55 +0100 and in article
[email protected] berlin.de, GwG said...
At last, Mr. NTL Santa Claus has been and delivered the long
awaited speed increases.

It makes a change to report something positive about NTL.

Shame they still offer a 750k product with an absurdly low 128k
upstream

The most extreme mix I came across was my brother's link in Canada
(Regina; sympatico, I think) -- 1.5 MB download with a 128k upload
(yup: you read that right...)

It struck me as deeply odd, but that's broadband providers for ya'...

--
Cheers,
Harvey
Old August 3rd 04, 12:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

In article , GwG wrote:
At last, Mr. NTL Santa Claus has been and delivered the long awaited
speed increases.

It makes a change to report something positive about NTL.

I'm not sure if I've been increased from 150K to 300K yet. Can't
really tell when the email keeps breaking down.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford

Old August 6th 04, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

In article , Jock Mackirdy wrote:
In article , GwG wrote:
At last, Mr. NTL Santa Claus has been and delivered the long awaited
speed increases.

It makes a change to report something positive about NTL.

I'm not sure if I've been increased from 150K to 300K yet. Can't
really tell when the email keeps breaking down.

Just been on the ZDNet speed test site. No increase yet - still
120-140K.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford