BT Caller Display

Old August 3rd 04, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
anth

Default BT Caller Display

Caller display was order online on the 23/7/04.
As of now it's still not working.
BT Faults have deactivated and reactivated it a couple of times
An engineer spent about 1 hour in the exchange yesterday, deactivated it and
reactivated it. Still didn't work.
He noticed we were getting ADSL activated on the 5/8/04 and didn't think it
should be interfering but wasn't sure. He seemed a bit baffled by it all.
It's not the equipment as we've tried two different brands of phone that do
work elsewhere.

Anybody know of a reason why it wouldn't work? Additionally has anyone who
did have Caller Display lose it in the process of getting ADSL installed?

Thanks

Anth

Old August 3rd 04, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Dotcom Computers

In ,
anth typed:
Caller display was order online on the 23/7/04.
As of now it's still not working.
BT Faults have deactivated and reactivated it a couple of times
An engineer spent about 1 hour in the exchange yesterday, deactivated
it and reactivated it. Still didn't work.
He noticed we were getting ADSL activated on the 5/8/04 and didn't
think it should be interfering but wasn't sure. He seemed a bit
baffled by it all. It's not the equipment as we've tried two
different brands of phone that do work elsewhere.

Anybody know of a reason why it wouldn't work? Additionally has
anyone who did have Caller Display lose it in the process of getting
ADSL installed?

Thanks

Anth

I've got Called ID and ADSl on the same line, and never had any problem.

Jason Russell
Dotcom Computers Ltd

Old August 3rd 04, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Dan Wood

Anybody know of a reason why it wouldn't work? Additionally has anyone who
did have Caller Display lose it in the process of getting ADSL installed?

Had caller display here before broadband, and it continues to work fine
after broadband was installed.

Old August 3rd 04, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
sean

anth wrote:
Caller display was order online on the 23/7/04.
As of now it's still not working.
BT Faults have deactivated and reactivated it a couple of times
An engineer spent about 1 hour in the exchange yesterday, deactivated it and
reactivated it. Still didn't work.
He noticed we were getting ADSL activated on the 5/8/04 and didn't think it
should be interfering but wasn't sure. He seemed a bit baffled by it all.
It's not the equipment as we've tried two different brands of phone that do
work elsewhere.

Anybody know of a reason why it wouldn't work? Additionally has anyone who
did have Caller Display lose it in the process of getting ADSL installed?

Thanks

Anth

Dial *#234#......

Works fine will ADSL, on all phones in my house
Old August 3rd 04, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Anybody know of a reason why it wouldn't work? Additionally has
anyone who did have Caller Display lose it in the process of getting
ADSL installed?

Mine was OK before during and after ADSL activation.

Old August 3rd 04, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
anth

"sean" -k wrote in message
anth wrote:

snipped

Dial *#234#......

Works fine will ADSL, on all phones in my house

What does that do? Is it an automated line check?

As it happens they've left a message on my partners mobile to say that the
exchange checks out ok and they really do think it's the ADSl activation
that is causing a problem. I suppose I can give them until Thursday to see
if it rectifies the problem.

I think I have the phone line from hell at the mo (for this and other
reasons).

Anth

Old August 3rd 04, 02:08 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

What does that do? Is it an automated line check?

It turns Caller display on.

*#243# to check if caller display is active
*234# to turn off display of numbers
#243# to turn off display of numbers
Old August 3rd 04, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
sean

Tx2 wrote:
In article , s-e-a-n-
-k, a.k.a sean says...

*234# to turn off display of numbers
#243# to turn off display of numbers

So which is it? ;-)

In answer to the OP, i only ever trouble with Caller Display *after*
ADSL was installed and i used cheap filters.

Decent filters (such as Fujitsu) eradicated the problem.

CORRECTION :

*#243# to check if caller display is active
*234# to turn on display of numbers
#243# to turn off display of numbers
Old August 3rd 04, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Pleasants

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:09:02 +0100, "Dan Wood"
wrote:

Anybody know of a reason why it wouldn't work? Additionally has anyone who
did have Caller Display lose it in the process of getting ADSL installed?

Had caller display here before broadband, and it continues to work fine
after broadband was installed.

Likewise.