Filter

Old August 4th 04, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason

Default Filter

My broadband is getting enabled in the 6th. I have just received my box with
the modem and filters etc. Now is it possible to pit the filter between the
pc and the extension lead? i.e.. can it be placed anywhere or does it have
to be into the main bt box in the hallway.

The reason I ask is that they have sent me 2 filters with box type
connectors on them. I am on dial up and have a straight forward box to modem
extension lead (of course the box connector being at the modem end) If I
have to use the filter at the main socket in the hall I hall have to buy an
adapter.

Sorry if its confusing

Thanks
Jason

Old August 4th 04, 12:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scarymonkey

"Jason" wrote in message
My broadband is getting enabled in the 6th. I have just received my box
with
the modem and filters etc. Now is it possible to pit the filter between
the
pc and the extension lead? i.e.. can it be placed anywhere or does it have
to be into the main bt box in the hallway.

The reason I ask is that they have sent me 2 filters with box type
connectors on them. I am on dial up and have a straight forward box to
modem
extension lead (of course the box connector being at the modem end) If I
have to use the filter at the main socket in the hall I hall have to buy
an
adapter.

Sorry if its confusing

Thanks
Jason

It can go anywhere, just make sure any phones, sky boxes, alarms tc are
filtered.

Old August 4th 04, 03:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason

"Scarymonkey" wrote in message

"Jason" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for that. They said not to install anything till it was enabled
(software modem etc). It gets enabled in the 6th. But it says it could even
be the evening time when its done. How will I know when its been done if its
isn't a silly question. Sorry newbie to bb.

Thanks Jason

Old August 4th 04, 04:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Jason" wrote in message

Thanks for that. They said not to install anything till it was enabled
(software modem etc). It gets enabled in the 6th. But it says it
could even be the evening time when its done. How will I know when
its been done if its isn't a silly question. Sorry newbie to bb.

Ignore their advice

Install it now (normally drivers 1st and then attach the USB modem to the
computer)

When the light stops flashing on your modem, the ADSL service will have been
activated - they are often done a day or 2 early.

Regards
Sunil

Old August 4th 04, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Lane

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 03:01:16 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

Ignore their advice

Install it now (normally drivers 1st and then attach the USB modem to the
computer)

When the light stops flashing on your modem, the ADSL service will have been
activated - they are often done a day or 2 early.

Yes, mine was done three days early.

Geoff Lane

Old August 5th 04, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason

wrote:

Ignore their advice

Install it now (normally drivers 1st and then attach the USB modem to the
computer)

When the light stops flashing on your modem, the ADSL service will have

been
activated - they are often done a day or 2 early.

Yes, mine was done three days early.

Geoff Lane

If I install the modem and the software from the cd (bt broadband btw, dont
groan lol) will it stop me using my dial up access. If it does i will have
to wait.

Last ? promise lol
Thanks Jason

Old August 5th 04, 01:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Jason" wrote in message

If I install the modem and the software from the cd (bt broadband
btw, dont groan lol) will it stop me using my dial up access.

No, your dialup modem will continue to work fine.

After your ADSL service is running, you may want to disconnect your dial-up
modem though - to ensure your computer won't dial Premium Rate numbers or
anything like that

Regards
Sunil

Old August 5th 04, 02:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
"Jason" wrote in message

If I install the modem and the software from the cd (bt broadband
btw, dont groan lol) will it stop me using my dial up access.

No, your dialup modem will continue to work fine.

After your ADSL service is running, you may want to disconnect your

dial-up
modem though - to ensure your computer won't dial Premium Rate numbers or
anything like that

Regards
Sunil

Thanks ever so much, appreciated.