Line wouldn't sync

Old August 5th 04, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jamie

Default Line wouldn't sync

earlier on i switched my router off (i know, i'm not even sure why) but
anyway when i switched it back on it wouldn't sync with the line for
about 5 mins, eventually syncing after i used the quick setup and
reentered user and pass, i shouldn't have needed to do that - any
reasons why the line wouldn't sync?

thanks
Old August 5th 04, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Rogers

jamie wrote in news:[email protected]
nntp-reader04.plus.net:

earlier on i switched my router off (i know, i'm not even sure why) but
anyway when i switched it back on it wouldn't sync with the line for
about 5 mins, eventually syncing after i used the quick setup and
reentered user and pass, i shouldn't have needed to do that - any
reasons why the line wouldn't sync?

thanks

When this happened to me it was the start of my router going t**ts up and I
had to buy a new one. If its a one off dont worry but mine started doing
this regularly!

Stuart
Old August 5th 04, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter R Cook

Default *Auto Saved* Line wouldn't sync

In message , jamie
writes
earlier on i switched my router off (i know, i'm not even sure why) but
anyway when i switched it back on it wouldn't sync with the line for
about 5 mins, eventually syncing after i used the quick setup and
reentered user and pass, i shouldn't have needed to do that - any
reasons why the line wouldn't sync?

thanks

Mine (Netgear 834G V1.05.00 Firmware) has been up and down like a yo-yo
this afternoon. Probably something to do with the fact that I am (still)
sitting in the middle of a huge electrical storm - and all the phone and
power cables around here ( 3+km to exchange) are overhead.

Just gone again as I type - Big flash outside - router looses sync. 30
seconds later its back

Not sure if its power or phone spikes giving it the problem. Most times
it has recovered on its own, but once or twice, (in particular the times
when the PC went out as well) it has needed a re-boot (via the web
interface) to tickle it back into communication.

Could be the same issue?

Must look into an UPS sometime.

Regards
--
Peter R Cook
Old August 5th 04, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

"jamie" wrote in message
earlier on i switched my router off (i know, i'm not even sure why) but
anyway when i switched it back on it wouldn't sync with the line for
about 5 mins, eventually syncing after i used the quick setup and
reentered user and pass, i shouldn't have needed to do that - any
reasons why the line wouldn't sync?

=============================
There's no good reason why switching off a router and then switching it back
on again should have any ill effects.

Obviously a poor unreliable design, on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
---
Reg.

Old August 5th 04, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jamie

Reg Edwards wrote:

"jamie" wrote in message

earlier on i switched my router off (i know, i'm not even sure why) but
anyway when i switched it back on it wouldn't sync with the line for
about 5 mins, eventually syncing after i used the quick setup and
reentered user and pass, i shouldn't have needed to do that - any
reasons why the line wouldn't sync?

There's no good reason why switching off a router and then switching it back
on again should have any ill effects.

Obviously a poor unreliable design, on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
---
Reg.

just tried it again and its all working fine, guess it was just a one off

thanks for the replies