BT Faceplates - will one improve my line stats?

Old August 5th 04, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Fearby

Default BT Faceplates - will one improve my line stats?

Saw the recent gossip about extended reach trials and noticed that face
plates seemed to improve attenuation.I have a 512KB connection at present
with 67dBa attenuation.
Will a faceplate get me into the 1MB bracket?

Regards

Old August 5th 04, 10:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Landregan

"Simon Fearby" wrote in message
Saw the recent gossip about extended reach trials and noticed that face
plates seemed to improve attenuation.I have a 512KB connection at present
with 67dBa attenuation.
Will a faceplate get me into the 1MB bracket?

Regards

highly unlikely. If you've dodgy internal wiring it "Could" improve the SNR
but that's all

Old August 6th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
eusty

Simon Fearby wrote:
Saw the recent gossip about extended reach trials and noticed that face
plates seemed to improve attenuation.I have a 512KB connection at present
with 67dBa attenuation.
Will a faceplate get me into the 1MB bracket?

Regards

You have ADSL with 67db?? I'd keep quiet if I were you!!!

--
eusty
UK Broadband Usergroup : http://www.uk-bug.net

(`._. All Outgoing Mail Scanned Virus Free ._.)
Old August 7th 04, 01:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

eusty wrote:
Simon Fearby wrote:
Saw the recent gossip about extended reach trials and noticed that face
plates seemed to improve attenuation.I have a 512KB connection at present
with 67dBa attenuation.
Will a faceplate get me into the 1MB bracket?

Regards

You have ADSL with 67db?? I'd keep quiet if I were you!!!

62.8 (currently), been down 10 times in the last 24 hours.

Old August 8th 04, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Fearby

Sorry 63dBa I meant:
Operational data report : near end (Downstream)
Attainable line rate : 2396 kbit/sec
Attainable Atm rate : 2112 kbit/sec
Used line rate : 744 kbit/sec
Fast used Atm rate : 576 kbit/sec
Interleaved used Atm rate : 0 kbits/sec
Rel. capacity occupation : 31
Noise Margin : 13 dB
Line attenuation : 63 dB
Output Power : 17 dBm

So I take it that doesn't look good then!