(old news): Adslguide - BT Retail's worst kept secret is out...

Old August 6th 04, 02:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
a.n.other

Default (old news): Adslguide - BT Retail's worst kept secret is out...

[New price structure and bandwidth limits, e.g. 1GB, 15GB, 30GB/month]

Although a BT Broadband customer for some time, I was a bit slow catching
up with this news, although I had heard rumours (of the impending change
from unmetered). To be fair, BT had informed me, I just had not noticed.

I'm not saying it's a totally unreasonable thing to do, although as I have
seen others say, this service was originally sold heavily as "always on"
and "unlimited". Too good to last, of course.

Anyway, what worries me is that as far as I know, I have no way of knowing
my current monthly bandwidth usage. If anything I had been probably
depending on being able to increase my usage in the coming months if
anything, until I realised this change was impending. Of course the BT
Broadband connection icon can tell me my usage in any given session, but
of course that gets reset on disconnection.

Is it buried in my phone bill somewhere?

Anyone know what's going to happen if you hit your limit? Do they just
throw you off, or let you continue and impose an extra charge? (I know the
limits generally have not been imposed yet).

Thank you.