Netvigator Wireless is it an alternative to ADSL

Old August 6th 04, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronald Jones

Default Netvigator Wireless is it an alternative to ADSL

I cant "yet" get ADSL even though I am 3.5 miles (crow flies) from the
Maidenhead exchange. Today the local Maidenhead Advertiser carries a
Full page add from a company called netvigator www.netvigator.co.uk
They offer 512kbps for 18 a month no phone line needed BUT talking with
them they say their masts cant yet reach me but the will soon
Question. Has anyone any experience or constructive comment re Wireless
v ADSL or this company.
Looking at their site they are registered in UK but are big in HongKong
with 700,000 customers.
If you could get BB from a UK ISP would you go for Wireless ?What is
the reason for your choice
Regards
--
Ronald Jones
Old August 6th 04, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Ronald Jones" wrote in message

I cant "yet" get ADSL even though I am 3.5 miles (crow flies) from the
Maidenhead exchange. Today the local Maidenhead Advertiser carries a
Full page add from a company called netvigator www.netvigator.co.uk
They offer 512kbps for 18 a month no phone line needed BUT talking
with them they say their masts cant yet reach me but the will soon
Question. Has anyone any experience or constructive comment re
Wireless v ADSL or this company.

I think there are some customers of netvigator on
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...&Board=otherbb - you can seach
the forum for posts.

You may be able to get 512K ADSL in September/October, once BT change the
test limits - see my recent post about ""Extended Reach" trial news"

Regards
Sunil

Old August 8th 04, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RG

I looked into Netvigator (as am in Maidenhead also) - and they semeed pretty
damn keen to get me to sign up for the free 30 day trial... which I must say
I was tempted to do... until the salesman started to talk utter rubbish... I
asked whether there was a cap on usage - he said no; but while looking at
the Netvigator T&Cs at the same time as on the phone to him, I saw that if
usage exceeds 10GB a month they will clobber u with some sort of fee or
termination.

Now, I'll be quite honest, I've no idea how much my household download in a
month - but for the sake of saving 3 (for the 500k service) I'd sooner
stick with PlusNet who are simply marvellous.

The only real use I can think of for Netvigator is if you don't want to have
to have a BT/phone line in your house - for isntance, if u just use ur
mobile for voice calls, and want broadband, then perhaps Netvigator is a
good option... hmmm... Just my thoughts.

RG

Old August 8th 04, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 8 Aug 2004, in uk.telecom.broadband, "RG" wrote:

The only real use I can think of for Netvigator is if you don't want to
have to have a BT/phone line in your house

but (separate thread) RJ explained that he's 3.5 miles from Maidenhead,
but his BT line is said to be double that length, and thus his reason to
want to consider this option. If they've a free one month trial, and
not too costly, then it may be worthwhile - if you are feeling fairly
adventurous, RJ, you could give it a trial and review the service for
anyone else stuck without a connection... would fill some of the time
from now to October when, from the other thread, the 'extended reach'
options are due, so you would then be able to cancel Netvigator and
use RADSL with a lot of choice over the ISP with low / no setup fee.

Old August 8th 04, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronald Jones

In message , poster
writes
On 8 Aug 2004, in uk.telecom.broadband, "RG" wrote:

The only real use I can think of for Netvigator is if you don't want to
have to have a BT/phone line in your house

but (separate thread) RJ explained that he's 3.5 miles from Maidenhead,
but his BT line is said to be double that length, and thus his reason to
want to consider this option. If they've a free one month trial, and
not too costly, then it may be worthwhile - if you are feeling fairly
adventurous, RJ, you could give it a trial and review the service for
anyone else stuck without a connection... would fill some of the time
from now to October when, from the other thread, the 'extended reach'
options are due, so you would then be able to cancel Netvigator and
use RADSL with a lot of choice over the ISP with low / no setup fee.

Thanks for responding was thinking along the same lines hence my phone
call Unfortunately I was informed that "coverage does not extend to my
area yet"
It appears that this is as another Maidonian commented a service for
"mobilephone" users and could be expensive for heavy use.
--
Ronald Jones