How long from line installation til I can order broadband?

Old August 7th 04, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DerekR

Default How long from line installation til I can order broadband?

Hi,

I had an old (1995) line reinstated yesterday and I'm trying to order
broadband from Firefly. The online availability checker (which is
piggy-backed to the BT one) reports that there is no data available
for my number and most new numbers are added within 24 hours (which
means mine should be done by now). However it also says that
occasionally it may take up to 6 weeks for a new number to be added!!!
6 weeks? I can't wait that long! Considering Firelfy can take up to 2
weeks from ordering to enabling....that means a 2 month wait!

Any way I can speed up this process? I've tried the 'contact us'
option on the BT page but that appears to be broken as I can't send
them an email from the form on the page.

Old August 7th 04, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

DerekR wrote:
Hi,

I had an old (1995) line reinstated yesterday and I'm trying to order
broadband from Firefly. The online availability checker (which is
piggy-backed to the BT one) reports that there is no data available
for my number and most new numbers are added within 24 hours (which
means mine should be done by now). However it also says that
occasionally it may take up to 6 weeks for a new number to be added!!!
6 weeks? I can't wait that long! Considering Firelfy can take up to 2
weeks from ordering to enabling....that means a 2 month wait!

Any way I can speed up this process? I've tried the 'contact us'
option on the BT page but that appears to be broken as I can't send
them an email from the form on the page.

You can ask the ISP to do a manual order. This means they can place an order
with BT regardless of the results of the checker.

Dominic

--
ICBroadband Tech Support - working for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
24 hour service status information telephone: 0870 760 5933

Old August 8th 04, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
6JB

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 10:53:44 +0100, DerekR
wrote:

I had an old (1995) line reinstated yesterday and I'm trying to order
broadband from Firefly.

Can I ask you how much BT charged to reinstate your line?

6jb.

Old August 8th 04, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DerekR

wrote:

I had an old (1995) line reinstated yesterday and I'm trying to order
broadband from Firefly.

Can I ask you how much BT charged to reinstate your line?

6jb.

Not a penny, which was nice!