Plusnet totally dead again!

Old August 7th 04, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
john

Default Plusnet totally dead again!

This is getting to be a bit of a nasty habit.
Old August 8th 04, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
James Mourby

"John" wrote in message
This is getting to be a bit of a nasty habit.

Speak for yourself, my plusnets been up all night... which seeing as i've
been using it all night is pretty sad on ME really :S
Someone get me a life.... ...

Old August 8th 04, 02:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Martin²

Default Plusnet totally dead again! Nope, it's more likely to be BT fiddling at the exchange.

Flighty:
Subscribe to cheap nasty ISP's and you get cheap nasty habits .

I have been with PlusNet since May 2003 and my BB hasn't missed a single bit
ever.
The only slight bother was having to re-start the newsgroups after they
upgraded their server(s).
Regards,
Martin

Old August 8th 04, 08:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Stan The Man

In article ,
Martin² wrote:

Flighty:
Subscribe to cheap nasty ISP's and you get cheap nasty habits .

I have been with PlusNet since May 2003 and my BB hasn't missed a single bit
ever.
The only slight bother was having to re-start the newsgroups after they
upgraded their server(s).
Regards,
Martin

PlusNet had a nationwide ADSL blackout last night - as confirmed by
their own support line. You must therefore be a dialup customer -- and
one with an inexplicable compulsion to start new threads for no
apparent logic.

Stan
Old August 8th 04, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
6JB

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 07:03:01 +0100, Stan The Man
wrote:

PlusNet had a nationwide ADSL blackout last night - as confirmed by
their own support line. You must therefore be a dialup customer -- and
one with an inexplicable compulsion to start new threads for no
apparent logic.

He is also completely wrong.

PlusNet had a major outage about five weeks back which resulted in a
total authentication failure for _all_ customers, amongst other
problems related to the failure of a router/link back to their
headquarters. The outage lasted for several hours and was widely
documented on this group and then eventually on the PlusNet web pages.

6jb.

Old August 8th 04, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Scarymonkey

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
PlusNet had a nationwide ADSL blackout last night - as confirmed by
their own support line. You must therefore be a dialup customer -- and
one with an inexplicable compulsion to start new threads for no
apparent logic.

Stan

Last nights problems did not affect everyone. It only affected those
connected to the 2 Redback units in Telehouse East. This connected to the
Juniper in Telehouse North (like myself) suffered no service at all.

Vince

Old August 9th 04, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Martin²

Stan:
PlusNet had a nationwide ADSL blackout last night - as confirmed by
their own support line. You must therefore be a dialup customer..

Used my BB all Friday afternoon and again in the evening, my post was time
~01.19 a.m. Sat.
(And no, I can't be a dial up customer because I haven't got a phoneline !)
Regards,
Martin
PS Sent by mircowaves...

Old August 9th 04, 03:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
poster

On 8 Aug 2004, in alt.internet.providers.uk, "Martin²" wrote:

(And no, I can't be a dial up customer because I haven't got a phoneline !)

Not even a phone line for your ADSL connection to work on ? I can believe
(a) no 56k modem, and even (b) no connected telephone, (not that it makes
a difference) but not quite so sure about (c) no phone line ! Peter M.
Old August 9th 04, 03:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
poster

On 8 Aug 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Martin²" wrote:

PS Sent by mircowaves...

Ah, please ignore the other post... using the wireless router in another
building... your phone line, or that of the neighbour, I forget now, but
there'd be little to stop you changing the gateway IP address and using
an ISDN router to dial into your PN account... I've not set up any of
mine to use PN dial-up, they're set up with other ISP accounts. PGM
Old August 14th 04, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Black Shuck

John wrote:
This is getting to be a bit of a nasty habit.

Nope, my router stats say my WAN has been up 139 hours, so your full of
****...

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."