US Robotics modem has a mind of its own

Old August 8th 04, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Default US Robotics modem has a mind of its own

Anyone seen I, Robot yet?

--
Graham.

Old August 8th 04, 12:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Graham wrote:
Anyone seen I, Robot yet?

Seen a heck of a lot of advertising for it. Is it worth seeing, anyone?

Old August 8th 04, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bruce Stephens

"Dominic" writes:

Graham wrote:
Anyone seen I, Robot yet?

Seen a heck of a lot of advertising for it. Is it worth seeing, anyone?

Judging by this review of the trailer, no.

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/07/review_i_robot.html

On the other hand, http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/irobot/
suggests it might be worth seeing.
Old August 8th 04, 01:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ron

"Bruce Stephens" wrote in message
"Dominic" writes:

Graham wrote:
Anyone seen I, Robot yet?

Seen a heck of a lot of advertising for it. Is it worth seeing, anyone?

Judging by this review of the trailer, no.

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/07/review_i_robot.html

On the other hand, http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/irobot/
suggests it might be worth seeing.

Downloaded it today and watched it, and must say its an amazing film, take
no notice of what people say, If you liked independance day you will love
it, will buy it when it comes out on DVD without even a second thought

Ronny

Old August 8th 04, 01:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

"Dominic" writes:

Graham wrote:
Anyone seen I, Robot yet?

Seen a heck of a lot of advertising for it. Is it worth seeing,
anyone?

Judging by this review of the trailer, no.

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/07/review_i_robot.html

On the other hand, http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/irobot/
suggests it might be worth seeing.

Downloaded it today and watched it, and must say its an amazing film,
take no notice of what people say, If you liked independance day you
will love it, will buy it when it comes out on DVD without even a
second thought

I always prefer to go on the recommendations of others rather than what the
critics say. I'm always shocked when I read reviews of some of my favourite
films and they're dismissed as "unwatchable".

Dom

Old August 8th 04, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev Sparrow

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 00:40:45 +0100, "Dominic"
wrote:

I always prefer to go on the recommendations of others rather than what the
critics say. I'm always shocked when I read reviews of some of my favourite
films and they're dismissed as "unwatchable".

Umm, such as?
Old August 8th 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

wrote:

I always prefer to go on the recommendations of others rather than
what the critics say. I'm always shocked when I read reviews of some
of my favourite films and they're dismissed as "unwatchable".

Umm, such as?

It's hard to think straight way, but Clockwise is one example, starring John
Cleese. I love it, but a lot don't.

On the other hand, I thought AI: Artificial Intelligence was a superb film,
and so did most of the critics, but most people I asked about it didn't
enjoy it. I guess because they didn't see the point.

Perhaps I just prefer to go and see the film anyway and make my own mind up.
You could always wait until it is shown on TV.

Dom

Old July 9th 05, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Graham wrote:
Anyone seen I, Robot yet?

Seen a heck of a lot of advertising for it. Is it worth seeing, anyone?

Judging by this review of the trailer, no.

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/07/review_i_robot.html

On the other hand, http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/irobot/
suggests it might be worth seeing.

Bloody hell Bruce, I posted that 11 months ago!

Says something about Demon's retention,

I thought only Google never forgot.

--
Graham.