pipex abuse - help

Old August 8th 04, 03:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Quiet Guy

Default pipex abuse - help

Someone i know has received email from the abuse response team at pipex
warning him abou downloading from e-donkey. They forwarded mail from
Symantec listing products he downloaded!!

Has anyone else had this problem? What was the outcome? will he be
prosecuted? Note it isn't me as I dont use pipex...ha!

What should he do?

Old August 8th 04, 05:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar

Quiet Guy wrote:

Someone i know has received email from the abuse response team at pipex
warning him abou downloading from e-donkey. They forwarded mail from
Symantec listing products he downloaded!!

Has anyone else had this problem? What was the outcome? will he be
prosecuted? Note it isn't me as I dont use pipex...ha!

What should he do?

Its a warning, telling him not to do it again basically. He should
consider himself lucky to be honest, however iirc Pipex could only be
forced to prsent his information to Symantec if a warrant was obtained,
which I doubt they will have done.

Be aware thogh that people like Symantec, Microsoft and co are members
of the infamous BSA (www.bsa.org) who are trying to crack down on piracy
- seemingly like the RIAA.

Afaik he'll have to reply to pipex saying that he wont do it again etc.

Old August 8th 04, 12:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
D.A.L.

Its a warning, telling him not to do it again basically. He should
consider himself lucky to be honest, however iirc Pipex could only be
forced to prsent his information to Symantec if a warrant was obtained,
which I doubt they will have done.

Be aware thogh that people like Symantec, Microsoft and co are members
of the infamous BSA (www.bsa.org) who are trying to crack down on piracy
- seemingly like the RIAA.

Afaik he'll have to reply to pipex saying that he wont do it again etc.

If you want to keep music that you haven't paid for and not be worried about
being found out then get a programme like Total Recorder or Replay Music,,
find a MP3 site that allows you to stream music for free or 1p a shot and
then record the music to your HDD. Just like taping music off the radio!!!
Probably still illegal but not sure how your ISP would monitor it.