USB ADSL modem from PC world (Puretek)

Old August 9th 04, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Williams

Default USB ADSL modem from PC world (Puretek)

Anyone buy one of these?

I've managed to install it OK and all seems well. However, can't login to it
(http://10.0.0.2).

Anybody else had this problem?

Old August 9th 04, 01:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SwissTony

"Paul Williams" wrote in message
Anyone buy one of these?

I've managed to install it OK and all seems well. However, can't login to
it
(http://10.0.0.2).

Anybody else had this problem?

This is for the PT -3816 (front of the modem has a orange zig zag on it.
Open device manager buy right clicking my computer, select properties.
(win 98)select the device manager tab in the box that appears.
(XP) click the hardware tab in the box that appears, click device manager
button.
Look in probably the modem section for conexant usb network interface.
If it has a yellow ! next to it, it may not have installed correctly.
If it is listed and there is no problems with it, exit device manager.
Try typing 10.0.0.2 instead of http://10.0.0.2 see if that affects it.
If it does not work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.
A manual can be found here
http://www.puretek.com.tw/product/ad...m/man/3816.zip

For the PT-3806 (white box with USB Adsl written in red on it)
There should be a icon on the desktop or in control panel called Conexant
Access Runner ADSL.
Click it and it will display the status of the modem.
Press Alt C (both keys at same time)
Under the protocol setup, set the value of VCI, VPI and encasulation as
given to you by your ISP.
Try connecting again after this.
What happens?

There is a manual for the above device here
http://www.puretek.com.tw/product/ad...m/man/3806.zip

ST

Old August 9th 04, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 9 Aug 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "SwissTony" wrote:

Try typing 10.0.0.2 instead of http://10.0.0.2 see if that affects it.

Some kit requires 'ping 10.0.0.2' to wake them up initially. Peter.