Pipex internet access down??

Old August 9th 04, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Russell

Default Pipex internet access down??

I'm having trouble connecting to the internet via Pipex. I can connect to
usenet and check my pop mail, hell I can even run Kazaa, but no web pages
will load.

Anyone else on Pipex having problems??

Russell

Old August 9th 04, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Russell

I can also connect to Yahoo Messenger, Aim and even irc, but alas still no
web pages.

Russell

Old August 9th 04, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:54:42 +0100, "Russell"
wrote:

I can also connect to Yahoo Messenger, Aim and even irc, but alas still no
web pages.

Russell

Clearly too bust to sort out this problem while out shopping to buy up
an ISP.

David Bradley
Old August 9th 04, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:17:36 +0100, Russell wrote:

I'm having trouble connecting to the internet via Pipex. I can connect to
usenet and check my pop mail, hell I can even run Kazaa, but no web pages
will load.

So you can connect.

Err, the problem is almost certainly with your OS/Browser/Antivirus
software or firewall

Old August 9th 04, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

wrote:

I can also connect to Yahoo Messenger, Aim and even irc, but alas still
no web pages.

Russell

Clearly too bust to sort out this problem while out shopping to buy up an
ISP.

Does it sound like a pipex problem?

Old August 9th 04, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Russell

"Steve" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:17:36 +0100, Russell wrote:

I'm having trouble connecting to the internet via Pipex. I can connect

usenet and check my pop mail, hell I can even run Kazaa, but no web

pages
will load.

So you can connect.

Err, the problem is almost certainly with your OS/Browser/Antivirus
software or firewall

I *can* connect to Pipex's website but no other, so the problem must be with
them. I've tried checking everything and things are OK at my end.

Russell

Old August 9th 04, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Grass is greener

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:30:36 +0100, [Russell] said :-

"Steve" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:17:36 +0100, Russell wrote:

I'm having trouble connecting to the internet via Pipex. I can connect

usenet and check my pop mail, hell I can even run Kazaa, but no web

pages
will load.

So you can connect.

Err, the problem is almost certainly with your OS/Browser/Antivirus
software or firewall

I *can* connect to Pipex's website but no other, so the problem must be with
them. I've tried checking everything and things are OK at my end.

Russell

Have you tried another browser ?

Have you actually tried disabling your firewall/AV software for a few
seconds to see it it works ?
Old August 9th 04, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Russell

"The Grass is greener" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:30:36 +0100, [Russell] said :-

"Steve" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:17:36 +0100, Russell wrote:

I'm having trouble connecting to the internet via Pipex. I can

connect
usenet and check my pop mail, hell I can even run Kazaa, but no web

pages
will load.

So you can connect.

Err, the problem is almost certainly with your OS/Browser/Antivirus
software or firewall

I *can* connect to Pipex's website but no other, so the problem must be

with
them. I've tried checking everything and things are OK at my end.

Russell

Have you tried another browser ?

Have you actually tried disabling your firewall/AV software for a few
seconds to see it it works ?

Yeah, I normally use Firefox, and nothing with either that or IE.

Russell

Old August 9th 04, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:30:36 +0100, Russell wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:17:36 +0100, Russell wrote:

I'm having trouble connecting to the internet via Pipex. I can connect

usenet and check my pop mail, hell I can even run Kazaa, but no web

pages
will load.

So you can connect.

Err, the problem is almost certainly with your OS/Browser/Antivirus
software or firewall

I *can* connect to Pipex's website but no other, so the problem must be
with them. I've tried checking everything and things are OK at my end.

What does

telnet www.bbc.co.uk 80

do?

Old August 9th 04, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:17:36 +0100, "Russell"
strung together this:

I'm having trouble connecting to the internet via Pipex. I can connect to
usenet and check my pop mail, hell I can even run Kazaa, but no web pages
will load.

Anyone else on Pipex having problems??

Nope, it's not a Pipex problem though. Sounds more like problems your
end.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd