PIPEX Swallow Nildram

Old August 9th 04, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Default PIPEX Swallow Nildram

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/09/pipex_nildram/

--
gee six jay en

Replace the words with the numbers to email me

Old August 9th 04, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
6JB

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:17:36 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/09/pipex_nildram/

And in April the bought Host Europe which owned 123-reg.co.uk.

6jb.

Old August 9th 04, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Peter Crosland" wrote in news:[email protected]
berlin.de:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/09/pipex_nildram/

Nildram have been up for sale to at least one other ISP in the past but
the other ISP didn't go through with it so this isn't that much of a
surprise.

--
Colin
Old August 9th 04, 03:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 12:17:36 UTC, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/09/pipex_nildram/

What a shame.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Old August 9th 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On 9 Aug 2004 13:28:46 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/09/pipex_nildram/

What a shame.

It is - but probably the first of many.

Each customer cost Pipex 368.00 - I know it is a rough calculation.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old August 9th 04, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Hurrell

Each customer cost Pipex 368.00 - I know it is a rough calculation.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker

Well it cost Pipex 736.00 to "acquire" me. I'm hoping that not much will
change in terms of level of service (speeds/reliability etc) as Nildram have
always been brilliant for me... maybe this is hoping too much, but only time
will tell....

Old August 9th 04, 04:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:24:30 +0100, "James Hurrell"
wrote:

Each customer cost Pipex 368.00 - I know it is a rough calculation.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker

Well it cost Pipex 736.00 to "acquire" me. I'm hoping that not much will
change in terms of level of service (speeds/reliability etc) as Nildram have
always been brilliant for me... maybe this is hoping too much, but only time
will tell....

You don't need to wait a second longer, just use the ADSL Guide and
compare Nildram and Pipex.

For the last six months Nildram has been better in every department;
so don't hold you breath if you reckon that things are going to stay
the same.

Maybe I don't understand such things, but with a larger customer base
does that mean that the contention rate is probably going to get
worse?

David Bradley
Old August 9th 04, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

wrote:

[...]

It depends what they intend to do with the company. They might keep the
company separate as is now or they might re-brand and change the way it is
run which I suppose would lead to problems.

Old August 9th 04, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

wrote:

[...]

I would hope it'll stay as it is. It didn't rebrand when it was first taken
out of the hands of Adrian by Trinite/Accent, so hopefully Pipex will
realise that the Nildram name has significant strength and is best left
alone.

Dom

Old August 9th 04, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Charlie Mitchell

In article , James Hurrell
writes
Well it cost Pipex 736.00 to "acquire" me. I'm hoping that not much will
change in terms of level of service (speeds/reliability etc) as Nildram have
always been brilliant for me... maybe this is hoping too much, but only time
will tell....

Does anyone know now if those of us with static IP's etc will have to
move over to pipex's crappy dynamic way of thinking etc?

What a shame, of all the companies we've been with Nildram seemed to be
the best, we've even upgraded to 1meg
--
Charlie Mitchell.
To reply remove the spamtrap.