Accent UK to remain seperate from Pipex

Old August 10th 04, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Default Accent UK to remain seperate from Pipex

News for Nildram customers:

AccentUK will remain a separate and distinct division within PIPEX under
AccentUK's existing MD and Senior Management Team, reporting to Mike Read,
(Chief Executive Officer of PIPEX).
Sean Stephenson - Managing Director at AccentUK commented: "This is an
excellent opportunity for the business and for its employees. AccentUK has
taken great strides in maturing the business in terms of its Systems,
Product-portfolio and Management to address new opportunities in an ever
increasing competitive market." He added: "As the broadband market becomes
increasingly competitive achieving economies of scale becomes more
important - being part of the PIPEX Communications Group adds to our weight
and capability and further strengthens our position - good news for our
customers and staff alike."

--
Dominic

Old August 10th 04, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alexander Mann

Dominic wrote:

News for Nildram customers:

AccentUK will remain a separate and distinct division within PIPEX under
AccentUK's existing MD and Senior Management Team, reporting to Mike Read,
(Chief Executive Officer of PIPEX).
Sean Stephenson - Managing Director at AccentUK commented: "This is an
excellent opportunity for the business and for its employees. AccentUK has
taken great strides in maturing the business in terms of its Systems,
Product-portfolio and Management to address new opportunities in an ever
increasing competitive market." He added: "As the broadband market becomes
increasingly competitive achieving economies of scale becomes more
important - being part of the PIPEX Communications Group adds to our weight
and capability and further strengthens our position - good news for our
customers and staff alike."

The press release mentioned economies of scale; how does that fit in
with keeping AccentUK seperate? If they aren't bringing PIPEX and
Nildram customers together on one platform, what's changed?

--

(valid email address)