any phone engineers out there?

Old August 10th 04, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
iain

Default any phone engineers out there?

can any one explain as to why i can not use the analogue output from my
broadband filter to work through a phone system in addition to my data
connection.
its a samsung 816,i'm able to use it ok for voice but i loose my internet
connection,so its one or the other ,not both??
ip

Old August 10th 04, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Parry

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:54:54 +0100, "iain" wrote:

can any one explain as to why i can not use the analogue output from my
broadband filter to work through a phone system in addition to my data
connection.

The filter is u/s?

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Old August 10th 04, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:54:54 +0100, "iain" strung
together this:

can any one explain as to why i can not use the analogue output from my
broadband filter to work through a phone system in addition to my data
connection.

Filter problem? Try changing the one you have for a known working one
and try yours somewhere that has a working connection. If that points
towards the filter working then try adding more filters in series.
(Note that if your filter is a cheapo 50p job and so is the test one
then it is probably worth getting a decent filter to test with)
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old August 11th 04, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
al_Mossah

"iain" wrote in message
can any one explain as to why i can not use the analogue output from my
broadband filter to work through a phone system in addition to my data
connection.
its a samsung 816,i'm able to use it ok for voice but i loose my internet
connection,so its one or the other ,not both??
ip

It should work OK if you normally connect to a BT analogue line. Do you
have a single line inut via a BT-type plug?

Peter.

Old August 11th 04, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
iain

thanks gents.
i'll try a new filter.its currently bt plug on a lead kroned into jctn box.