Cheaper alternatives to BT ntlworld customer

Old August 12th 04, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk.free,alt.internet.providers.uk.0800

Default Cheaper alternatives to BT ntlworld customer

I am on ntlworld the £15 a month [package, what are my options to
obtain broadband at a similar cost or a close alternatives?

Failing that what are my options to get away from BT's extortionate
line rental charges?

thanks
Old August 13th 04, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk.free,alt.internet.providers.uk.0800
Citizen Smith

wrote in message
om...
I am on ntlworld the £15 a month [package, what are my options to
obtain broadband at a similar cost or a close alternatives?

Failing that what are my options to get away from BT's extortionate
line rental charges?

thanks

NTL are offering free line rental for 1 year (advertised in Winchester
Extra) to BT customers who change their phone service to them and take out a
tv or broadband service as well. I was due to have BB fitted 14/08/04 and
phoned them to add a change from BT to them which they said was no problem
and on numerous occasions that someone would call me back which they have
repeatedly failed to do. After over 1 hour on the phone on hold trying to
sort this out I eventually told them to poke their customer services, their
broadband and their telephone services. If they're like this to customers
who are trying to take up their services, what the NTHell are they like to
existing customers?

Old August 13th 04, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk.free,alt.internet.providers.uk.0800
Citizen Smith

"Citizen Smith" wrote in message
wrote in message
om...
[...]

You can also get the 60 day free trial on their broadband together with the
free line rental. But beware the lack of customer service if you sign up.

Old August 23rd 04, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk.free,alt.internet.providers.uk.0800
Dave

You get £15 inclusive with your ntlworld account tho, don't you, so you're
effectively paying nothing.

NTL broadband starts at £17.99 for 300k, no 'cap' - so you can download/surf
as much and for as long as you want.

BT broadband - avoid i'd say unless you need a nanny type of ISP.

om...

Old September 27th 04, 08:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk.free,alt.internet.providers.uk.0800
Steven Cowell

"Citizen Smith" wrote in message
wrote in message
om...
[...]

been waiting over 2 weeks to get my NTL line repaired, can't get through
to speak to anyone about it , numerous messages via email ,customer
services ( 1 hour min wait to speak to someone no way am I doing that in a
phone box ), emergency answerphone service, NTL man in car on my street
and local office have all failed to get it sorted. I have arranged to get
a BT line installed, if they do that before NTL fix my line I will be
switching to BT . I think NTL have got too many customers so it should
help them out if I leave.