NTL speed upgrade

Old August 12th 04, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

Default NTL speed upgrade

If anyone is interested, tonight is the first night I've noticed that
the promised upgrade from 600Kbps to 750Kbps has occured (Kettering
area). Normally downloading at ~72KB/sec, just now managed to sustain
an average of 88KB/sec over a 3.5Mb download.

Richard
Old August 13th 04, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GwG

"Jock Mackirdy" wrote in message
In article , Richard Sobey
wrote:
If anyone is interested, tonight is the first night I've noticed

that
the promised upgrade from 600Kbps to 750Kbps has occured (Kettering
area). Normally downloading at ~72KB/sec, just now managed to

sustain
an average of 88KB/sec over a 3.5Mb download.

I've just had the sales email from NTL directing me to their website.
Fed in my postcode and out popped October. Boo-hoo!

Take no notice of that, it says September for me, and I have had the
upgrade since the 3rd August.

Old August 13th 04, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford

Old August 14th 04, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jonathan Eales

Happened to me a few days ago in Basingstoke. Just in time for Windows XP
SP2. Thanks NTL.
Jonathan