Don't use Freedom2Surf ( F2S ) !!!

Old August 12th 04, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cuzman

Default Don't use Freedom2Surf ( F2S ) !!!

Two years ago I upgraded my Freedom2Surf dialup account to what is now their
'Pure IP Home User' package. I asked for my e-mail addresses to be
transferred across, which seemed to happen successfully. Last week I found
that all of my Freedom2Surf e-mail addresses had been deleted by the
company, and I was unable to collect hundreds of important messages which
were awaiting me.

It appears that Freedom2Surf deleted my old dialup account as it had not
been used for two years, but with the links between my old and new accounts
on their e-mail server, they felt it necessary to delete all of my current
e-mail accounts, most of which I had created since I switched to broadband.

Their response to my complaint was as follows:

" It looks like the dial up account had not been used and/or paid for since
2 years ago and was finally deleted from the system. Sorry to say, you will
need to recreate the email under the ADSL account. "

I had an eBay account with several hundred positive feedback remarks, and I
have now been banned from eBay because of the resulting fracas surrounding
my communication problems. It is obvious that Freedom2Surf's administrative
system is severely lacking, and that something similar to this could happen
to any current or future Freedom2Surf users.

Old August 12th 04, 11:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Justin Johnson

I had an eBay account with several hundred positive feedback remarks, and
have now been banned from eBay because of the resulting fracas surrounding
my communication problems. It is obvious that Freedom2Surf's

administrative
system is severely lacking, and that something similar to this could

happen
to any current or future Freedom2Surf users.

No offence - but what does your email accounts have to do with eBay?

Old August 12th 04, 11:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Justin Johnson" wrote in
:

No offence - but what does your email accounts have to do with eBay?

If the email account was deleted and no longer receiving email then eBay
will suspend the account because it does not have valid contact details.
As far as I am aware, if the email account is recreated then you should
be able to get the suspension lifted.

The user basically appears to have fallen foul to an automated script.
Whoever wrote it did not know the ins and outs of the systems well enough
to account for possibilities such as this. I can only hope that after
seeing what has happened they have fixed the script to not do what it did
in this case.

--
Colin
Old August 12th 04, 11:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Justin Johnson

"Justin Johnson" wrote in message
I had an eBay account with several hundred positive feedback remarks,

and
have now been banned from eBay because of the resulting fracas

surrounding
my communication problems. It is obvious that Freedom2Surf's

administrative
system is severely lacking, and that something similar to this could

happen
to any current or future Freedom2Surf users.

No offence - but what does your email accounts have to do with eBay?

Sorry - realised, unable to respond to questions and auctions etc - me =
stupid.

Old August 13th 04, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Loades

In message , Cuzman
writes
Two years ago I upgraded my Freedom2Surf dialup account to what is now their
'Pure IP Home User' package. I asked for my e-mail addresses to be
transferred across, which seemed to happen successfully. Last week I found
that all of my Freedom2Surf e-mail addresses had been deleted by the
company, and I was unable to collect hundreds of important messages which
were awaiting me.

Snip remainder of sorry tale

I migrated to f2s, a week or so ago, for my home ADSL service and have
been 'gobsmacked' by the level of service, knowledge and helpfulness in
all departments - sales, provisioning, help desk and accounts. I've
used/use other 'quality' ISPs (Zen and Nildram, to name but two) and
they pale into insignificance when compared with f2s. I'm sorry that
your mileage varies.
--
Malcolm Loades
Old August 13th 04, 12:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Justin Johnson

I migrated to f2s, a week or so ago, for my home ADSL service and have
been 'gobsmacked' by the level of service, knowledge and helpfulness in
all departments - sales, provisioning, help desk and accounts. I've
used/use other 'quality' ISPs (Zen and Nildram, to name but two) and
they pale into insignificance when compared with f2s. I'm sorry that
your mileage varies.

I've Been using F2S ADSL since April this year but have been using them for
other things for the last 4-5 years and never had a problem. Sales,
Provisioning, Domain Name administration and Technical Support, I've dealt
with the lot and always been first class. Accounts not as great though in my
experience as they've made a couple of mistakes and nearly double billed me
a couple of times.

But on the whole an excellent ISP, certainly the happiest I've been since
the pre Tiscali LineOne days, F2S is run by good honest people who will go
the extra mile.

Oh and if anyone is wondering - yep I do run the www.freedom2support.net
freedom2surf support site, but we're unofficial and unconnected with
freedom2surf and though their staff do post on our site, I'm not afraid to
give my personal views, both positive and negative on things.

Old August 13th 04, 02:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Justin Johnson

Perhaps your opinion of them will change when your connection starts
to drop once twice three times and even up to ten times a day EVERY
DAY FOR FOUR MONTHS .you then ring their tech support and they say we
will get BT to come and check your line and do tests the BT guy comes
does the tests and says nothing wrong here sir and goes away but the
dis connections continue you complain to F2S again and yet another BT
bod pops round with his little laptop and modem and then says exactly
the same words has the first nothing wrong here sir but the dis
conections continue so one complains yet again to F2S and what do you
know yet a third BT bod pops round with his laptop and modem need I go
on !!! .

Funny thing being is it must have been either your phone setup, microfilters
or modem - There is no way that was a problem freedom2surfs end because
NOBODY has been experiencing problems like that frequentley on our forums
and believe me, by running a freedom2surf support site, if there was a
widespread issue there would be dozens upon dozens at least moaning about
it.

BT come and test the line, they don't test to see if you have the wiring in
your house done correctly and that your modem/router is ok.

I take it that you tried the ususal tests of taking all devices out any
telephone line in the house apart from your ADSL and seeing if the problem
still remained? I also take it that you tried using other ADSL Hardware?

Until you've done both of the above, you cannot be sure that it was an F2S
Problem. Personally, I'm convinced it wasn't.

Old August 13th 04, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Justin Johnson

Oh and if anyone is wondering - yep I do run the www.freedom2support.net
freedom2surf support site, but we're unofficial and unconnected with
freedom2surf and though their staff do post on our site, I'm not afraid

give my personal views, both positive and negative on things.

Some readers will knock down the value of your comments because of your

unique
role as Freedom2Support Project Leader. They'd rather read comments by

typical
or exemplary customers.

But why? I'm hardly someone who's going to stick up for F2S even when they
do wrong? I've always told it like it is and will continue to do so, I'm not
here to simply back F2S whatever they will do, if you take a quick look
around our forums, you'll see that I'm not afraid to give criticism when
it's deserved.

Old August 13th 04, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Justin Johnson

Learn how to space your paragraphs, it might be a bit more readable then

and I needed to speak with F2S which I did SEVERAL TIMES at a large cost

in call charges to them so in the end I just said stuff em .

A Local/National Rate call depending where you are isn't exactly a large
cost to me to be honest.

Old August 14th 04, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cuzman

"Mugwump" wrote in message

" You kept all your emails on the server? Doh! "

No. I just had several hundred yet to collect after being offline for a few
days.