BT Broadband Compatible Line, Need To Get Connected First???

Old August 13th 04, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Just Me!

Default BT Broadband Compatible Line, Need To Get Connected First???

Morning all,

BT Broadband Compatible Line, Need To Get Connected First???

I considered going back to BT yesterday, then someone slapped me and
woke me up with a JOLT! ;o)

Seriously, I called them up to see how much it would be to get unlimited
calls and broadband, WHAT A JOKE!

First you must get your phone line connected, then and only then can
they test the line to see if it is compatible with broadband - DOH!

And here's the doozzey, their minimum contractual agreement means even
if not compatible I still have to keep it, ROFL MFHO

That was enough of a slap for me, so marketing if your reading, wonder
how many more customers would come back, were you a little more clued up.

Rant over!!!
--
Free Mobile When You Spend 20
http://www.themobilematrix.com/index.asp?aff=u8120ukh

If you do not agree with the above link please ignore it. Do not start
filling the group with carp about how as a brush me is

Old August 13th 04, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin White

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:20:23 GMT, "Just Me!" wrote:

[snip]

First you must get your phone line connected, then and only then can
they test the line to see if it is compatible with broadband - DOH!

And here's the doozzey, their minimum contractual agreement means even
if not compatible I still have to keep it, ROFL MFHO

Not always the case. BT installed a line here on the condition that it
supported 1M ADSL. They installed the line, tested it, it didn't
support 1M so they removed the line and didn't charge me a bean!

Regards,
Martin
--

martin @ mgw (dot) org (dot) uk.
Old August 13th 04, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
news-text.Just Me!

Martin White wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:20:23 GMT, "Just Me!" wrote:

[snip]

First you must get your phone line connected, then and only then can
they test the line to see if it is compatible with broadband - DOH!

And here's the doozzey, their minimum contractual agreement means even
if not compatible I still have to keep it, ROFL MFHO

Not always the case. BT installed a line here on the condition that it
supported 1M ADSL. They installed the line, tested it, it didn't
support 1M so they removed the line and didn't charge me a bean!

Regards,
Martin

what number did you call?

--
Free Mobile When You Spend 20
http://www.themobilematrix.com/index.asp?aff=u8120ukh
Affiliate Link - helps me, much appreciated and
thanks to all those that have already applied, 4 more
more should guarantee a handset. Will let you you Know
if and when it arrives

If you do not agree with the above link please ignore it.
Please do not start filling the group with carp about how
as a brush me is, thanks!

Old August 13th 04, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin White

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:12:23 GMT, "news-text.Just Me!"
wrote:

Martin White wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:20:23 GMT, "Just Me!" wrote:

[snip]

First you must get your phone line connected, then and only then can
they test the line to see if it is compatible with broadband - DOH!

And here's the doozzey, their minimum contractual agreement means even
if not compatible I still have to keep it, ROFL MFHO

Not always the case. BT installed a line here on the condition that it
supported 1M ADSL. They installed the line, tested it, it didn't
support 1M so they removed the line and didn't charge me a bean!

Regards,
Martin

what number did you call?

It was arranged through the ISP I'm using (www.aaisp.net.uk), but when
the engineer turned up I also confirmed with him (before allowing him
to proceed) that if it didn't work I wouldn't be charged.

Regards,
Martin
--

martin @ mgw (dot) org (dot) uk.
Old August 14th 04, 11:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Just Me!

wrote:

Martin White wrote:

[...]

thanks, will look into it. Just had another offer through the door for
bb+ul calls+free mobile+60mins xnet total 40 month still have to pay BT
line rental though, aaarrrggghh!!!

;o)