The definition of broadband ..... official !!

Old August 14th 04, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Social Outcast

Default The definition of broadband ..... official !!

"Tx2" wrote in message

Ahhhh, I'm old enough to remember when the main selling point of broadband
was that it was an "always on" connection.

Erm, except if you were unfortunate enough to be with BTOpenworld (now
BTYahoo) it was anything but.

Old August 16th 04, 02:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
boo_star

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...

Define "always on"?

Always connected to the internet in the case of ADSL/Cable.

For Leased Lines, always connected to the termination point.

I say to my customers that it means you have a permanent sync to the
exchange, not that you are always connected to the internet ... hence
always on.

Get's me out of explaining anything more complicated anyway!

It is a great get-out clause, that's for sure

It get's you out of explaining why they can't connect to the internet