I need to test a FTP Server - Please help

Old August 14th 04, 07:25 PM posted to pipex.xtreme.support,uk.telecom.broadband

Default I need to test a FTP Server - Please help

I have set up a FTP Server on my ADSL connection. I can see it ok on my
local network, but don't know for sure if it can be seen from the internet.

I would be very grateful to anyone who would spend a few minutes seeing if
they can log in.

The IP address is 81.86.86.48

Port 21

Username - newsgroup

Password - test

Please feel free to upload and download. I think that would give it a fair
test.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Old August 14th 04, 07:36 PM posted to pipex.xtreme.support,uk.telecom.broadband
chris thomson

Q wrote:

I have set up a FTP Server on my ADSL connection. I can see it ok on my
local network, but don't know for sure if it can be seen from the internet.

I would be very grateful to anyone who would spend a few minutes seeing if
they can log in.

The IP address is 81.86.86.48

Port 21

Username - newsgroup

Password - test

Please feel free to upload and download. I think that would give it a fair
test.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

looks good to me

chris
Old August 14th 04, 07:38 PM posted to pipex.xtreme.support,uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

"Q" wrote in message
I have set up a FTP Server on my ADSL connection. I can see it ok on my
local network, but don't know for sure if it can be seen from the
internet.

I would be very grateful to anyone who would spend a few minutes seeing if
they can log in.

Seems OK here - Just managed to download and reupload one of your files.

Daniel

Old August 14th 04, 07:54 PM posted to pipex.xtreme.support,uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor

Q wrote:
I have set up a FTP Server on my ADSL connection. I can see it ok on my
local network, but don't know for sure if it can be seen from the internet.

Just out of interest is that the demo version of Gene6 FTP Server
or did you buy it?
Old August 14th 04, 08:20 PM posted to pipex.xtreme.support,uk.telecom.broadband

"Trevor" wrote in message
Q wrote:
I have set up a FTP Server on my ADSL connection. I can see it ok on my
local network, but don't know for sure if it can be seen from the

internet.

Just out of interest is that the demo version of Gene6 FTP Server
or did you buy it?

It is the demo version, I have installed and played with all of thepoular
ones, WS_FTP, Bulletproof, and so on, but Gene6 is definitely the most
configurable and most functional. Thank you for logging in, I really do
appreciate your help Trevor.

Old August 14th 04, 08:56 PM posted to pipex.xtreme.support,uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Watts

"chris thomson" wrote in message
Q wrote:

I have set up a FTP Server on my ADSL connection. I can see it ok on my
local network, but don't know for sure if it can be seen from the

internet.

I would be very grateful to anyone who would spend a few minutes seeing

if
they can log in.

The IP address is 81.86.86.48

Port 21

Username - newsgroup

Password - test

Please feel free to upload and download. I think that would give it a

fair
test.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

looks good to me

chris

Upload an download is fine using WS_FTP LE
But it will not let me delete a file and folder that I have uploaded (ctw
and contents). Hang on, it has gone dspite an error message.

Tried Explorer to access - but can only see one empty file - anon.txt

Chris

Old August 14th 04, 09:15 PM posted to pipex.xtreme.support,uk.telecom.broadband

"chris" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 19:20:10 +0100 and in article 411e57da$0$20254
, Q said...
: Thank you for logging in, I really do
: appreciate your help Trevor.
:
His help?
The guy is basically accusing you of piracy. Tell him to **** off and
mind his own business.
--
chris

Oh I don't see it that way at all Chris! It was a reasonable question, and
the answer is reasonable too. It does seem to be the best FTP Server I have
used. I think it will be well worth the 30'ish that the full version will
be costing me.

I am very grateful to everyone who helped prove that it could be accessed
from the net.

Kev

Old August 14th 04, 09:39 PM posted to pipex.xtreme.support,uk.telecom.broadband

"Q" wrote in message
I have set up a FTP Server on my ADSL connection. I can see it ok on my
local network, but don't know for sure if it can be seen from the

internet.

I would be very grateful to anyone who would spend a few minutes seeing if
they can log in.

The IP address is 81.86.86.48

Port 21

Username - newsgroup

Password - test

Please feel free to upload and download. I think that would give it a fair
test.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Many thanks to all who partook in the testing this afternoon. The server is
now down.

Kevin

Old August 14th 04, 10:03 PM posted to pipex.xtreme.support,uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor

chris wrote:

His help?
The guy is basically accusing you of piracy. Tell him to **** off and
mind his own business.

I don't see how you work that out.

I just wondered why when there are free ftp servers like
FileZilla server available out there if he had bought it or he
was just trying it out.

I wasn't accusing him of piracy.

You're right though it was none of my business.