Router with USB connector

Old August 14th 04, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stewart Brown

Default Router with USB connector

Please can someone out there recommend a Router for use with a usd Broadband
connection

Old August 14th 04, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linker3000

Stewart Brown wrote:
Please can someone out there recommend a Router for use with a usd Broadband
connection

Not me.
Old August 14th 04, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:55:53 GMT, "Stewart Brown"
strung together this:

Please can someone out there recommend a Router for use with a usd Broadband
connection

Why, is it to plug into a cable STB or are you trying to use it with a
freebie ADSL modem?
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old August 14th 04, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Stewart Brown wrote:
Please can someone out there recommend a Router for use with a usd Broadband
connection

The cheap one from ebuyer does.
Modem/router, single ethernet port, USB port, both can be used at once.
Old August 15th 04, 12:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sean

Ian Stirling wrote:
Stewart Brown wrote:

Please can someone out there recommend a Router for use with a usd Broadband
connection

The cheap one from ebuyer does.
Modem/router, single ethernet port, USB port, both can be used at once.

I have this one, and its great
Old August 15th 04, 08:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:55:53 +0000, Stewart Brown wrote:

Please can someone out there recommend a Router for use with a usd Broadband
connection

Argos do/did the Binatone ADSL2000 with USB and ethernet. You could try it
for 14 days. I have been using one here for almost 12 months.

Dave

Old August 15th 04, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 19:16:35 +0000, Jock Mackirdy wrote:

In article , Stewart Brown
wrote:
Please can someone out there recommend a Router for use with a usd Broadband
connection

Have you considered using USB to ethernet adapters? I bought D-Link ones to
use with a Belkin cable router.

Thats a bit naff is'nt it ?

Dave

Old August 16th 04, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 15 Aug 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Dave Stanton wrote:

Thats a bit naff is'nt it ?

Why ? When a friend ordered his Belkin wireless router, along with a
Belkin USB wireless unit, all seemed OK, until the supplier cancelled
the USB unit, explaining they were now out of stock. They offered my
friend a credit against delivery, and in that case we did get Belkin,
but if Jock M found the combination worked OK, what's the problem, or
rather "what is 'naff'" ( and you might remember an apostrophe is in
place of letter(s), so "is not" shortens to "isn't" not "is'nt" )
Old August 16th 04, 07:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:05:48 +0100, poster wrote:

On 15 Aug 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Dave Stanton wrote:

Thats a bit naff is'nt it ?

Why ? When a friend ordered his Belkin wireless router, along with a
Belkin USB wireless unit, all seemed OK, until the supplier cancelled
the USB unit, explaining they were now out of stock. They offered my
friend a credit against delivery, and in that case we did get Belkin,
but if Jock M found the combination worked OK, what's the problem, or
rather "what is 'naff'" ( and you might remember an apostrophe is in
place of letter(s), so "is not" shortens to "isn't" not "is'nt" )

Because your going from USB which is slow, to ethernet which is a lot
faster, but your ethernet is sitting there waiting for the USB to catch up
Seems rather a waste of time, why not stick to ethernet.
Thanks for the school english lesson BTW, I will do then same for you some
day ( when you get a life , thats a joke in case you start on about that).

Dave