A good offer from NTL!!!!

Old August 15th 04, 03:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
half_pint.

Default A good offer from NTL!!!!

Hmmm...
I have received what appears to be a good offer from NTL,
available to BT customers, it makes a change from the truely
appalling offers Ihave recieved in the past. (some **** poor
offer where you can talk on the phone a lot for 25 - lol - they
must be joking, I mean I am not a woman).

Basically I get free line rental (worth 10.50 at BT prices)
for a year and I can choose either
300k for 18
750k for 25 or
1500k for 38.

Now currently my dial up costs 12.50 so I am currently paying
23 for my dial-up access when I incude line rental.

So......if I get the 300k I save a fiver *and* get broadband, or pretty
close to minimum BB speed anyway, or I could go for the 750k job
for a extra 2 which is pretty reasonable. The 1500k is a bit out of my
budget.

I also get free installation (75), free transfer of BT number and a free
modem to borrow.

Sounds like a good deal to me, a 'must buy' especially since BT put their
line rental up 1 in return for a worthless package because I am use the
phone very rarely.

There doesn't appear to be any lock-in after the 12 months.

My only real worry is that I might get hooked on BB (which is probably
what they want) and the 18 job wouldn't break the bank. Hopefully
after a year prices might have dropped a little? (no chance sunshine).

Anyway if I don't take it I will lose 60 in the year so I gotta go for it.

Any comments/advice?

Regard half_pint.

Old August 15th 04, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keef

"half_pint." wrote in message
Hmmm...
I have received what appears to be a good offer from NTL,
available to BT customers, it makes a change from the truely

--- snip ---
Any comments/advice?

Make sure you get any "special offer" agreed in writing. They offer a lot
and then don't stick to their promises!

If you don't get any problems which necessitate contacting NTL admin. then
you should be fine.

The service itself is great, but the admin. is appauling :-(

Regards- Keef
--
Dartford Kent UK
Email

Old August 15th 04, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Citizen Smith

"half_pint." wrote in message
[...]

You can also get the 60 day free broadband trial alongside the years free
phone line rental.

Old August 16th 04, 08:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Informer

"half_pint." wrote in message
Hmmm...
I have received what appears to be a good offer from NTL,
available to BT customers, it makes a change from the truely
appalling offers Ihave recieved in the past. (some **** poor
offer where you can talk on the phone a lot for 25 - lol - they
must be joking, I mean I am not a woman).

When you are no longer a new customer just watch the price go up. This
probably won't affect you much as you don't make many calls but don't NTL
charge a connection fee for each call. This makes short calls rather
expensive.

Old August 16th 04, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
half_pint.

"chris" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:19:45 +0100 and in article 412051ed$0$20248
, Informer said...
: but don't NTL
: charge a connection fee for each call.

They sure do. 4.9p iirc.

Yes but on BT new enforced package evening and weekends calls are 5.5p per
call for
an hour so there is not much difference, especially as I usually make
off-peak calls anyway.

--
chris

Old August 20th 04, 01:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Reddish

"half_pint." wrote in message

"chris" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:19:45 +0100 and in article 412051ed$0$20248
, Informer said...
: but don't NTL
: charge a connection fee for each call.

They sure do. 4.9p iirc.

5p now in most (all?) regions.

Yes but on BT new enforced package evening and weekends calls are 5.5p per
call for
an hour so there is not much difference, especially as I usually make
off-peak calls anyway.

NTL evening rate is 2p/min plus the connection charge.

From September the NTL equivalent to the BT 5.5p for one hour will cost 10p
(5p + 5p connection charge) and there is an additional charge of 1 per
month for this "Talk Plan" (currently 2 per month). NTL also charge an
extra 1 per month for itemised billing. Non-geographic calls on NTL are
more expensive than BT and they are increasing again in September. Basic
line rental with NTL is 9.50 per month.
--
Colin Reddish

Old August 20th 04, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
half_pint.

"Colin Reddish" t wrote
in message ...

"half_pint." wrote in message

"chris" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:19:45 +0100 and in article 412051ed$0$20248
, Informer said...
: but don't NTL
: charge a connection fee for each call.

They sure do. 4.9p iirc.

5p now in most (all?) regions.

Yes but on BT new enforced package evening and weekends calls are 5.5p

per
call for
an hour so there is not much difference, especially as I usually make
off-peak calls anyway.

NTL evening rate is 2p/min plus the connection charge.

From September the NTL equivalent to the BT 5.5p for one hour will cost

10p
(5p + 5p connection charge) and there is an additional charge of 1 per
month for this "Talk Plan" (currently 2 per month). NTL also charge an
extra 1 per month for itemised billing. Non-geographic calls on NTL are
more expensive than BT and they are increasing again in September. Basic
line rental with NTL is 9.50 per month.

BT recently informed me I was elidgable for their light user scheme
which would considerably redyce my line rental.
I was told before however, that I was not elidgible because
I used internet access. It may save me several pounds a month
up to 77 a year or over 6 a month.
Maybe they changed police in response to NTL's move or maybe
they just lied.

--
Colin Reddish

Old August 20th 04, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"half_pint." wrote in message
BT recently informed me I was elidgable for their light user scheme
which would considerably redyce my line rental.
I was told before however, that I was not elidgible because
I used internet access. It may save me several pounds a month
up to 77 a year or over 6 a month.
Maybe they changed police in response to NTL's move or maybe
they just lied.

If you use ADSL you are excluded from the Light User scheme.

If you use "dial up" - say to a 0808 number.. then you can qualify for the
LUS - if your overall telephony bills are low

These have always been the rules (well ever since ADSL was made available)

Regards
Sunil