Broadband Voice number

Old August 16th 04, 03:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Antell

Default Broadband Voice number

Does anyone know what type of number you get with BT Broadband Voice?

Is it a normal geographic number with the same STD code as the main
line number, or is it an 0845 number?
Old August 16th 04, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"John Antell" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know what type of number you get with BT Broadband Voice?

Is it a normal geographic number with the same STD code as the main
line number, or is it an 0845 number?

Its a 055xx number.

They cost 5p/min to call from normal BT lines.

Regards
Sunil

Old August 16th 04, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sean

John Antell wrote:
Does anyone know what type of number you get with BT Broadband Voice?

Is it a normal geographic number with the same STD code as the main
line number, or is it an 0845 number?

05511 most popular at the moment, as said 5p from BT, also 5p from telewest
Old August 17th 04, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Loades

In message , John
Antell writes
Does anyone know what type of number you get with BT Broadband Voice?

Is it a normal geographic number with the same STD code as the main
line number, or is it an 0845 number?

I see you already have the answer to your question. Are you thinking of
using the service?

I ordered it via the website on a Friday, received the Cisco Analogue
adapter next day by signed for delivery. Plugged it in etc. and was up
and running in a few minutes.

The speech quality is superb, no one knows I'm using VoIP. If you're
currently on the BT option which includes evening and weekend calls then
Broadband Voice is virtually free! I changed my 'regular' BT line to
basic line rental (no free calls) and saved (GBP)6.00 per month. My
Broadband Voice package costs (GBP)6.50 per month and comes with free
evening and weekend calls. All outgoing calls are now over Broadband
Voice leaving the 'regular' line free for incoming calls. Two lines for
an extra 50p a month to BT, not a bad deal!
--
Malcolm