Finding loss on line

Old August 17th 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

Default Finding loss on line

How can I find out what the loss is on my BB line?

Ian

Old August 17th 04, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
King Queen

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:40:09 +0100, "Ian"
wrote:

How can I find out what the loss is on my BB line?

If you have an ADSL modem/router (not a frog / Alcatel modem or
whatever) then there is usually a summary somewhere on the setup page
for the router (i.e. at http://192.168.0.1 or whatever you have set it
at) that will tell you this. If you don't have such a router, but you
have ADSL provided and a friend does have a router, you could borrow
theirs temporarily perhaps.

Otherwise BT will know (or can find out) but I don't know how you will
get the figure off them. I suspect it would require an engineer visit
to your house to find out.
--
King Queen - Remove .lartsspammers to reply. http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
"Advertising is the rattling of a stick in a swill bucket" George Orwell