Speedtouch 330 USB drops connection when using Unplug / Eject system tray icon

Old August 17th 04, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

Default Speedtouch 330 USB drops connection when using Unplug / Eject system tray icon

Hi all, hope someone can help.

I am using the freebie Speedtouch 330 I got through Pipex (until my
Belkin wireless router arrives!) and all is working fine until I try
to use the system tray icon for unplugging my USB hard drive. As soon
as I click on the icon the ADSL disconnects. If I try to reconnect I
get an error (sorry, I know it's crap but I am at work and didn't note
down the exact error, I'll get it tonight and add it to the post) and
if I try to reconnect again it connects fine.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I have tried Google and
ADSL Guide forums but cannot find any info.

TIA

--

Shevek

Get DigiGuide - a downloadable desktop PC TV and Radio Guide
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=31493
Old August 17th 04, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:23:15 +0100, Shevek
wrote:

Hi all, hope someone can help.

I am using the freebie Speedtouch 330 I got through Pipex (until my
Belkin wireless router arrives!) and all is working fine until I try
to use the system tray icon for unplugging my USB hard drive. As soon
as I click on the icon the ADSL disconnects. If I try to reconnect I
get an error (sorry, I know it's crap but I am at work and didn't note
down the exact error, I'll get it tonight and add it to the post) and
if I try to reconnect again it connects fine.

OK:

as soon as I click on the Safely Remove Hardware icon I get the
following message:

"Link to PIPEX Xtreme failed. Reconnect pending..."

If I click on Redial I get the following message:

"Verifying username and password...

Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated."

If I click on Redial again it connects fine.

Hope someone can help.

TIA