ADSL Broadband BT and a very confussed customer.

Old August 17th 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spence

Default ADSL Broadband BT and a very confussed customer.

Dear Group,

Is there anyone out there that could point me in the right direction,
my local Exchange was ADSL enabled back in March, but i'm having real
problems getting a straight answer out of BT as to why i cannot have
broadband. All of my neighboures seem to be able to get it but i can
not, one thing that i thought was because i had a DAX on the line but
BT are telling me that even with that off it would still not work (but
they can't tell me why). I have even tried speaking to the new line
department to see it they could fit me a new line that would work with
ADSL but they can't say yes or no (and as soon as broadband is mention
they try and send me to the broadband dept.)

So i suppose i'm looking for suggestions as i'm out after spending a
week camped on the phone to BT going round in circles, all i need is
to be able to speak to an engineer i guess and he would i hope be able
to give me a yes or no to weather i will be able to get it to work.

Regards Spence in hope.........
Old August 17th 04, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Maudsley

"Spence" wrote in message
om...
[...]

What are the reasons you've been given? ISTR that they actually make
measurements on the line to see if it will support ADSL and it is possible
that your line is failing whilst your neighbours isn't due to a fault that
doesn't preclude the line from providing the service that the contract is
for, namely voice.

Stephen

Old August 18th 04, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spence

"Steve Maudsley" wrote in message ...
"Spence" wrote in message
[...]

Stephen,

BT have just said that it fail but now more, i have tried logging a
fault but they are not intersted as it works ok for voice. What i need
is where to go for here.

spence..
Old August 18th 04, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Spence" wrote in message
om
What are the reasons you've been given? ISTR that they actually make
measurements on the line to see if it will support ADSL and it is
possible that your line is failing whilst your neighbours isn't due
to a fault that doesn't preclude the line from providing the service
that the contract is for, namely voice.

BT have just said that it fail but now more, i have tried logging a
fault but they are not intersted as it works ok for voice. What i need
is where to go for here.

Wait until the 6th September and reapply.

See
http://www.btplc.com/News/Pressrelea...004/nr0475.htm

Regards
Sunil

Old August 26th 04, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Comley

BT have just said that it fail but now more, i have tried logging a
fault but they are not intersted as it works ok for voice. What i need
is where to go for here.

I suggest you take a couple of weeks off, go surfing or something (the
real sort, with waves and sand and stuff!) and then call your favourite
ISP again after 6th September, because on 6th September all the rules
for ADSL line length, signal strength, etc., change.

If you don't have a *friendly* ISP to call, call us!

---
Wizards Ltd www.wizards.co.uk
ADSL, Leased Lines, and a clue