Broadband Availability - And getting a Straight answer.

Old August 17th 04, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spence

Default Broadband Availability - And getting a Straight answer.

Help,

I wonder if anyone out there can help my locaql exchange was ADSL
enabled in March, but much to my annoyance i still can not get
broadband. I live on a newish estate 7 years and all of my neighbourse
seem to be able to get it.

I have tried getting an answer out of BT (i spent a week camped on the
phone going between different dept. at BT) but to know avail. I don't
have any other option but BT for the line.

So I'm looking from anyone who may have an idea where i go from here,
i even ended up asking BT if they installed a new line would it work
with ADSL and they could not say.

Regards Spence...
Old August 18th 04, 01:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

"Spence" wrote in message
om...
Help,

I wonder if anyone out there can help my locaql exchange was ADSL
enabled in March, but much to my annoyance i still can not get
broadband. I live on a newish estate 7 years and all of my neighbourse
seem to be able to get it.

I have tried getting an answer out of BT (i spent a week camped on the
phone going between different dept. at BT) but to know avail. I don't
have any other option but BT for the line.

So I'm looking from anyone who may have an idea where i go from here,
i even ended up asking BT if they installed a new line would it work
with ADSL and they could not say.

Regards Spence...

try vispa, if they fail aaisp.

Gaz

Old August 18th 04, 04:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

In message , Spence
writes:

So I'm looking from anyone who may have an idea where i go from here,
i even ended up asking BT if they installed a new line would it work
with ADSL and they could not say.

Ask AAISP, I'm sure you can google for their contact sales number...

If the line doesn't work for ADSL, then no charge to you.

Not the cheapest, but at the cutting edge and very responsive to
customers. Family firm feeling.

They do expect their customers to have some clue though, so if you think
you might need more regular support than might be given via the
uk.net.providers.aaisp newsgroup think carefully, and perhaps choose
another ISP who can also offer ASDL install with no strings.

--
Jim Crowther "It's MY computer" (tm SMG)

Always learning.
Old August 18th 04, 04:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Spence" wrote in message
om...
I wonder if anyone out there can help my locaql exchange was ADSL
enabled in March, but much to my annoyance i still can not get
broadband. I live on a newish estate 7 years and all of my neighbourse
seem to be able to get it.

I have tried getting an answer out of BT (i spent a week camped on the
phone going between different dept. at BT) but to know avail. I don't
have any other option but BT for the line.

So I'm looking from anyone who may have an idea where i go from here,
i even ended up asking BT if they installed a new line would it work
with ADSL and they could not say.

If you wait until October and apply - you will probably get it.

BT are due to change the test limits for the 512K service around then - so
that most people who cant get it now, will be able to from then

Regards
Sunil