Non-working D-Link DSL 300G+ modem

Old August 18th 04, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Default Non-working D-Link DSL 300G+ modem

Have got one of the above, but can't seem to access the configuration
screen - does anyone who has used this mdoem have any useful suggestions as
to what could be wrong. All network settings etc. correct, and the modem
will sync' if plugged into an ADSL line, but cannot ping or access web
config.

Have tried resetting etc.

Cheers
Dom

Old August 18th 04, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rodney Trotter

"Dominic" wrote in message
Have got one of the above, but can't seem to access the configuration
screen - does anyone who has used this mdoem have any useful suggestions
as to what could be wrong. All network settings etc. correct, and the
modem will sync' if plugged into an ADSL line, but cannot ping or access
web config.

Have tried resetting etc.

Cheers
Dom

http://192.168.0.1

Username :- admin
Password :- (think) admin (or blank)

Hope this helps..

Old August 18th 04, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Rodney Trotter wrote:
"Dominic" wrote in message
Have got one of the above, but can't seem to access the configuration
screen - does anyone who has used this mdoem have any useful
suggestions as to what could be wrong. All network settings etc.
correct, and the modem will sync' if plugged into an ADSL line, but
cannot ping or access web config.

Have tried resetting etc.

http://192.168.0.1

Username :- admin
Password :- (think) admin (or blank)

Hope this helps..

Not really to be honest, I have got (and read) the manual. When I say I
can't access it I'm not talking about authentication.

Thanks for trying though

Old August 18th 04, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 18 Aug 2004 13:09, in uk.telecom.broadband, "Dominic" wrote:

All network settings etc. correct, and the modem will sync' if
plugged into an ADSL line, but cannot ping or access web config.

If you cannot ping, then could it have gone back to a factory default ?
I know some routers seem to be on 19x.xxx.xxx.xxx (I can never remember,
so I set everything on my LAN to be 10.x.x.x and the routers I have, by
luck, happen to need 10.0.0.2 to be pinged to wake them initially).

Sorry, no knowledge of that D-Link unit, but just from my use of ISDN
and ADSL routers, have seen infrequent 'cannot connect' cases... Peter

Depends on account that is opened by new customer, but good value ISP IMO.
Old August 18th 04, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

poster wrote:
On 18 Aug 2004 13:09, in uk.telecom.broadband, "Dominic" wrote:

All network settings etc. correct, and the modem will sync' if
plugged into an ADSL line, but cannot ping or access web config.

If you cannot ping, then could it have gone back to a factory default
? I know some routers seem to be on 19x.xxx.xxx.xxx (I can never
remember, so I set everything on my LAN to be 10.x.x.x and the
routers I have, by luck, happen to need 10.0.0.2 to be pinged to wake
them initially).

Sorry, no knowledge of that D-Link unit, but just from my use of ISDN
and ADSL routers, have seen infrequent 'cannot connect' cases...

Thanks. I would expect any router to be on one of the reserved IP ranges for
private networks (192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, etc), but to be honest I haven't
actually tried pinging it anything but the 192.168 range, since that's what
it's supposed to use. Could have changed somehow, will give it a go.

Dom

Old August 18th 04, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 18 Aug 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Dominic" wrote:

one of the reserved IP ranges for private networks (192.168.x.x,
10.x.x.x, etc)

I only use 10.x.x.x as I can use any combination and it is easy to
remember. I must check manuals if there's a 19x.xx.xx.xx address...
every time! So I switch to 10.x.x.x whenever possible Peter M.

Depends on account that is opened by new customer, but good value ISP IMO.
Old August 18th 04, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

"Dominic" wrote in message
Have got one of the above, but can't seem to access the configuration
screen - does anyone who has used this mdoem have any useful suggestions

as
to what could be wrong. All network settings etc. correct, and the modem
will sync' if plugged into an ADSL line, but cannot ping or access web
config.

Have tried resetting etc.

The DLink DSL-300G+ only has 192.168.0.1 - its not changeable. However, if
(like me) you have it configured in "bridge" mode you wont be able to get to
the configuration screen unless you unplug it from any router (assuming that
it *IS* plugged into a router) and plug it directly into your PC.

HTH

Old August 18th 04, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Paul King wrote:
"Dominic" wrote in message
Have got one of the above, but can't seem to access the configuration
screen - does anyone who has used this mdoem have any useful
suggestions as to what could be wrong. All network settings etc.
correct, and the modem will sync' if plugged into an ADSL line, but
cannot ping or access web config.

Have tried resetting etc.

The DLink DSL-300G+ only has 192.168.0.1 - its not changeable.
However, if (like me) you have it configured in "bridge" mode you
wont be able to get to the configuration screen unless you unplug it
from any router (assuming that it *IS* plugged into a router) and
plug it directly into your PC.

Thanks that does help. Anyone want a free modem?

Dom