Cease of broadband on line

Old August 19th 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

Default Cease of broadband on line

Hi,

I cancelled my Plusnet account a few weeks ago and they said that because I
have paid up until September my line would be on until then.

I sent a message via the site as C/S refuse to talk to you saying I didn't
want the service and they agreed to cease the line and said it should be
complete by today the 19th.

The line is still on and I cant sign-up with my new provider until it's off.
Is there anyway of finding out when exactly this will happen? I rang Plusnet
and as usual they were not specific but saying it will go off at anytime and
I should just watch for it.

I don't know how it works but I get the feeling it has something to do with
BT but maybe not.

Old August 19th 04, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 19 Aug 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Gareth :-\) voom" wrote:

The line is still on and I cant sign-up with my new provider until it's off.
Is there anyway of finding out when exactly this will happen?

I was in that position for 2 months longer than I wanted (and missed a free
connection deal as a result), but connection was reduced to 35 quid so not
as bad as it might have been for me. Find Sunil's recent posts giving the
URL to check BT orders and you may find the "CEASE ADSL" request listed,
but no clue if it can be predicted when they'll get it done! Peter M.
Depends on account that is opened by new customer, but good value ISP IMO.
Old August 19th 04, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Gareth :-) voom wrote:
Hi,

I cancelled my Plusnet account a few weeks ago and they said that
because I have paid up until September my line would be on until
then.

I sent a message via the site as C/S refuse to talk to you saying I
didn't want the service and they agreed to cease the line and said
it should be complete by today the 19th.

The line is still on and I cant sign-up with my new provider until
it's off. Is there anyway of finding out when exactly this will
happen? I rang Plusnet and as usual they were not specific but
saying it will go off at anytime and I should just watch for it.

I don't know how it works but I get the feeling it has something to
do with BT but maybe not.

Well considering that the actual ADSL service is provided by BT I would
imagine it will most certainly be down to them.

By the way ceases are treated as low priority (they can't even cover the
provides in a timely fashion) so you may have to be very patient...